Aqua Introduces Its Water Cooling Solution for the GTX Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
This would be cooler (pun intended) if Titan was as overclockable as everyone hyped it to be. Seeing as Titan was designed without room for serious overclocking on the reference cards these water blocks will end up being more useful as decorations than coolers.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Not necessarily.
Cards can get quite hot, even when not overclocked, especially on heavy loads.
Also, IIRC, silicon degrades about 2 times faster every 10C hotter it gets. So basically, the cooler you keep your card, the longer it'll last.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]Not necessarily.Cards can get quite hot, even when not overclocked, especially on heavy loads. Also, IIRC, silicon degrades about 2 times faster every 10C hotter it gets. So basically, the cooler you keep your card, the longer it'll last.[/citation]
I can't help but think that the people who will end up buying Titan aren't going to care about longevity. If you're a person buying 1-4 $1000 card(s) I highly doubt that person would keep them for longer than they're the best.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]I can't help but think that the people who will end up buying Titan aren't going to care about longevity. If you're a person buying 1-4 $1000 card(s) I highly doubt that person would keep them for longer than they're the best.[/citation]

keep in mind that titan has cuda, and that sli has its problems with applications and games.

a single card option is always preferable to 2 cards.

and this offers near 2 680 in single card performance.

uhh3000

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]keep in mind that titan has cuda, and that sli has its problems with applications and games. a single card option is always preferable to 2 cards. and this offers near 2 680 in single card performance.[/citation]

Well, you can always get a 690, which IS two 680's on a single card, and generally outperforms the Titan

hannibal

Distinguished
Allso Titan will drop it speed when it gets too hot, so this may allow Titan to run longer time in higher speed. But yeah, without woltage mods, the Titan is guite much in its upper ceiling.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]uhh3000[/nom]Well, you can always get a 690, which IS two 680's on a single card, and generally outperforms the Titan[/citation]

yea its a single slot, but from what i understand it also shares the same problems as sli between 2 680s, the only advantage is that it only uses one slot.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]keep in mind that titan has cuda, and that sli has its problems with applications and games. a single card option is always preferable to 2 cards. and this offers near 2 680 in single card performance.[/citation]

SLI rarely has issues and Titan is generally very far from two 680s in performance. Tom's and many other such sites did reviews that demonstrate this.

Current reviews also are mostly not very positive for it's non-gaming applications.

Also, I don't see how any of this is relevant to the post that you replied to.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]SLI rarely has issues and Titan is generally very far from two 680s in performance. Tom's and many other such sites did reviews that demonstrate this.Current reviews also are mostly not very positive for it's non-gaming applications.Also, I don't see how any of this is relevant to the post that you replied to.[/citation]

i think my origional point was that there is an application for it outside of i have disposable income and want the fastest

Status
Not open for further replies.