[SOLVED] aquafusion 240MM cables

markgraham312

Honorable
Dec 13, 2017
I am currently awaiting this cooler. I have the same one in my pc. so here's my question. can i just connect the new cooler to the old connector cables? or do i have to track down all the cables and install all the new cables?

I ask because the cables on my pc are a mess. some are ziptied to god knows where. and I am worried I may break or disconnect something important

Solution
You should ALWAYS replace the existing cables on any component you install with the ones that come with the new product, regardless of whether it's a PSU, cooler, or whatever, because cables and such can degrade or have problems just like any other part of the component so you might in some cases actually be leaving the existing problem in place by doing so. And beyond that, sometimes even when it's an identical model or part number the manufacturer might make small changes that could turn into BIG problems for you if you reuse the old cabling. One minor change in the pinout of something, or anything along those lines, and you might instantly go from "cool man" to "oh god" when the magic smoke comes out.

It takes far less time to...
You should ALWAYS replace the existing cables on any component you install with the ones that come with the new product, regardless of whether it's a PSU, cooler, or whatever, because cables and such can degrade or have problems just like any other part of the component so you might in some cases actually be leaving the existing problem in place by doing so. And beyond that, sometimes even when it's an identical model or part number the manufacturer might make small changes that could turn into BIG problems for you if you reuse the old cabling. One minor change in the pinout of something, or anything along those lines, and you might instantly go from "cool man" to "oh god" when the magic smoke comes out.

It takes far less time to simply change the cables than it does to deal with the mess that arises if you don't, more often than not. Even if you just got the other one yesterday, found out it was bad and got a replacement, you don't know if you are leaving a problem in place or not.

Solution

markgraham312

Honorable
Dec 13, 2017
alright. thank you. I was hoping I could spare myself some trouble. because I tend to start having a panic attack even when i try to simply replace thermal paste. And I know no one else around my area that is proficient in computers. And I know when My body starts panicing even if I try to force myself to stay calm. my hands still shake and I just dont want to ruin my pc.

thats why i asked