AR Birthday present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hust

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
Hi, guys!
I'm looking for some cute and outstanding Birthday present for my gf. She's gonna be 29 next month and she's really into modern technology. The problem is all cool technological devices are really expensive. Do you know any nice and middle-priced things that are somehow connected to VR or AR?
Thanks in advance!

Samsung Gear Fit 2 ... wife got me one a couple of months back.

I use it at work offshore ... it is sturdy and helps keep me fit ... tracks all of my vitals etc and is paired to my phone.

She will love one of these.

Bout $200 or so ... look for a special.

Lasts about three days before needing a charge ... but I use mine a lot ... checking times etc as part of my job.

Sturdy and robust.

No scratches so far.

For a "mid-price" there isn't really much right now. In August, HP and Acer will launch their VR/mixed reality headsets for $299 and $329, but until then there's a hole between the cheap(ish) phone-based VR and the expensive VR for PC or Playstation.

As for AR, the only real AR device around is still the HoloLens devkit for $3,000. You read that right.

Tom Hust

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Wow! That AR thing is quite pricey haha :ouch:
I was thinking of the VR headset at the beginning, but came across only expensive ones, so it's kind of a challenge to find a present connected to the modern technology and still be on budget (which is up to $170-$200)

Tom Hust

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Thanks anyways for your reply :) I know these bracelets. We own Xiaomi Mi Band ones. They are not that developed as yours, but still fine to track our physical activity.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
If you are geographically located near New York City, then...
https://ghostbusters.madametussauds.com/

Cost $53 per person.

If you are in Australia or Japan, there are other places in those countries for VR experiences.

Tom Hust

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion, man. I didn't know we have it our here. I'll think it over, as she might get too scared haha :)

Tom Hust

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

Yeah, it can be tricky.. still, I think, she'll not use it continuously, so it might be ok.

Tom Hust

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
So, I actually found a cool Decathlon bike computer that she would definitely like and a postcard with an augmented reality video option from Poscard Actually, as I really wanted it to be connected to the AR :) I think it should work for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.