Arcade let's play

May 2, 2018
Does anyone know the legality of recording gameplay footage from an arcade game in the UK? Looking to make a video series of people playing arcade games and would like to include gameplay footage if possible.

Solution
considering that people are doing the same thing for console and pc games with no problem, i'd think you'd be ok with an arcade game as well. at least i have not heard of anyone being hit with a copy write notice for streaming/recording gameplay.

nomad_00

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
I would think you are allowed, as long as you don't claim the game as yours. such as "I made this game/I own the copyright to this game" and if you don't sell it as your own.

so yes you can.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
considering that people are doing the same thing for console and pc games with no problem, i'd think you'd be ok with an arcade game as well. at least i have not heard of anyone being hit with a copy write notice for streaming/recording gameplay.

Solution

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
I can't say for sure, but think about something like the documentary "The King of Kong" which is all about competitive arcade gaming... I doubt the producers have to get consent from every one of the hundreds of arcade games/developers that are shown & featured in that film

TRENDING THREADS