[SOLVED] Archer Tx3000e Bluescreens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaffaaaaaaa

Prominent
Apr 7, 2021
Hi, im having a problem with my wifi adapter, where after installing the card and installing latest drivers from their webpage, my computer bluescreens after 1-10 minutes of use. The bluescreen error is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I have updated my bios, tried different bios configurations, tried uninstalling drivers and using older, newer, different ones. Still nothing has fixed my problem. I only have one pcie 1x slot in my computer avaiable, and the main pcie 16x slot is occupied by my gpu. I am using a riser cable, but ive figured that isnt the problem, since ive tried using it without the gpu in the 1x slot and 16x slot, but im still getting bluescreens. I can fix it by disabling the wifi adapter in device manager, while still having the bluetooth part of it working, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the wifi card..

Ive tried at least 3 different drivers from the windows driver catalog, old and new. ive tried drivers from sellers website, tp-links wbsite, etc..
While i do get bluescreens after a few minutes of use, im not doing anything special to trigger it, just staring at the desktop.. Also while it works, im getting great speeds and low latency..
I could post memory dump file from windows, but its 1 gig and i dont know where to upload it,,

Wifi card im using
My motherboard

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just for the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on? People state they're on the latest only to have us state they're not with a quick cross-reference.

To add, what version of Windows 10 are you working with, assuming you're on Windows 10?

Did you manually install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? Use WiFi drivers for this date 2020-12-17 while the one below it is for the BlueTooth.

Jaffaaaaaaa

Prominent
Apr 7, 2021
Hi Lutfij, thanks for the reply.

I did previously install the drivers you linked, but i dont believe i ran them with administrator.. I will try it again as admin, see if that helps. As for the bios and windows version, i took a screengrab of my system information, as i believe it states both those version numbers.

System information jpg

Edit: i see there is a new bios update for my motherboard, released 2021/03/19, i will try updating once more.

Edit 2: i realized my windows version was old, but windows update just gave me an error when checking for updates. I went through a list of fixes, and managed to get windows to update again.
I did the following:
Windows Update Error Code 0x80080005 Fix
Windows Update service missing 0x80070424
Restarted and windows update started working again. Will now install any new updates and test the wifi adapter card again, to see if i still bluescreen.

Last edited:

Jaffaaaaaaa

Prominent
Apr 7, 2021
Update: Ive updated my windows version, updated bios yet again, and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the adapter. Still, my computer bluescreens when using the wifi adapter card. I managed to go 20 minutes without problem when just watching a videostream on the wifi through the card, but when i opened speedtest it immediately disconnected me, and a few seconds later my pc started lagging and freezing, 20 seconds later it bluescreens with the same error. So im still having the same problem.

Ive messaged my retailer and described the problem, but the card was laying on my shelf for a few months, so i dont know if their return policy still allows me to return it.

I also have a friend with the same card, he said he could bring his over and check if i still get the same errors with his card, or if its just mine thats defect. Anyway im updating this thread if things move forward, but if anyone still has any tips for fixing this, i would like to hear from you.

System information UPDATED

Edit: I found a solution (kinda). Ive ended up with screwing the heatsink off the card and swapping the wifi chip in the m.2 slot on the card with another chip i had in my laptop. Theyre both intel and both look identical other than model numbers. I figured i should be fine with swapping these. The model number on the one that came with the card is AX200NGW, while the model number of the one i had in my laptop is 8260NGW. And lo and behold the card worked instantly, without any driver installs. There probably are updated drivers for this model, but as long as it is working now, im not gonna mess around with it anymore. I still get almost the same speeds and latency as the chip that came with the card (300mbps up/down 2ms on speedtest), so i wont be returning it anyway.
In the end i didnt fix the problem i was actually having, and still disappointed that the card didnt work as intended out of the box. maybe i had some incompabilities i dont know about, or the chip was defective. In the end this isnt a victory or defeat, its a workaround, wich shouldnt have happened in the first place..

If anyone has any updates on similar problems with these chips, please let me know!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.