[SOLVED] Architect Builds (2pcs)

Yero

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
Good event all!

In 2016, me and my friend, built 2 same computers for Architectural, design, and creative work while studying in University.
We are in the field professionally now and in urge for an upgrade.

Software we use:
  • Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
  • Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro
  • Rhinoceros 3D
  • We use rendering and animation softwares as well

Pre-build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f2H2Hz

Questions:
  1. How would you make it better?
  2. PCpartPicker does not allow me to add a second video card. Will I be able to add a second video card?

NOTE: Please also that Windows 10 is selected as a place holder, as we are looking to run Windows 11 on the new builds.

Good event all!

In 2016, me and my friend, built 2 same computers for Architectural, design, and creative work while studying in University.

Software we use:
  • Rhinoceros 3D
Pre-build:

Questions:
  2. PCpartPicker does not allow me to add a second video card. Will I be able to add a second video card?
NOTE: Please also that Windows 10 is selected as a place holder, as we are looking to run Windows 11 on the new builds.
Edited yours, this should be better:
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor | $559.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler | $99.95 @ Amazon
Motherboard | MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard | $252.61 @ Amazon
Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory | $264.99 @ Newegg
Storage | Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $176.80 @ Amazon
Storage | Western Digital Blue 3 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive | $69.99 @ Western Digital
Storage | Western Digital Blue 3 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive | $69.99 @ Western Digital
Video Card | PNY Quadro P2200 5 GB Video Card | $499.95 @ Amazon
Case | Corsair 4000D ATX Mid Tower Case | $78.33 @ Amazon
Power Supply | Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $124.99 @ Best Buy
Operating System | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit | $139.88 @ Other World Computing
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $2337.47
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-06 03:48 EDT-0400 |

Reactions: Unolocogringo
Good event all!

Software we use:
  • Rhinoceros 3D
Pre-build:

Questions:

100% personal opinion:

I would stay clear of Windows 11 for now, at least the first (3 to 6) months, as this is the minimum time it usually takes to the OS itself, drivers and software in general to evolve and fix most launch issues.

Specially if you work professionally with the PCs, keep Windows 10 which is sorta rock solid and leave Windows 11 for later.

-----------------------------------
As for the your quiestions:

1. Other than the one you posted, Koekieezz already posted a nice/strong PC build.

2. I believe some of the software you wrote will be able to use 2 gpus at the same time for rendering. Then again you need a motherboard with 2x pcie 16x slots, but also the gpu itself should be on the software compatibility list! And gpu driver should have the right funcionality too.

Yero

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
100% personal opinion:

I would stay clear of Windows 11 for now, at least the first (3 to 6) months, as this is the minimum time it usually takes to the OS itself, drivers and software in general to evolve and fix most launch issues.

Specially if you work professionally with the PCs, keep Windows 10 which is sorta rock solid and leave Windows 11 for later.

-----------------------------------
As for the your quiestions:

1. Other than the one you posted, Koekieezz already posted a nice/strong PC build.

2. I believe some of the software you wrote will be able to use 2 gpus at the same time for rendering. Then again you need a motherboard with 2x pcie 16x slots, but also the gpu itself should be on the software compatibility list! And gpu driver should have the right funcionality too.
Understood! Why do you guys this processor over the other one?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I've not seen AMD CPUs tested against most of those applications. I would stick with Intel for now. AutoCAD, Revit, and Rhino benefit from Quadros, so that is a good choice.

12th gen is available for pre-order, which is what Windows 11 was built for. I agree though that you should not make the jump to it or unverified CPUs for production work.

Not sure you need the 11900k, the 11700k is the same core count, just a little less boost. For production, I favor the 10 core i9-10850K, i9-10900F, i9-10900K/F. Particularly since you aren't pushing the GPU angle much, PCIe 3.0 is plenty. (11700k and 10900k have about the same throughput, but the older chip has more cache and the two extra cores)

As for multi-GPU, not worth it. If you are looking at P2200 (Pascal), you are two generations behind already. Just put $1000 into a single faster card. (Unless those GPUs are carry overs from the previous build.)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/k866Mp/pny-quadro-rtx-4000-8-gb-video-card-vcqrtx4000-pb

Quadro RTX 4000 comes in at exactly $1000, only puts you one generation behind.

P2000 1024 cuda cores, 5GB of GDDR5X
P2200 1280 cuda cores, 5GB of GDDR5X
RTX 4000 2304 cuda cores, 8GB of GDDR6

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would look at price. If you aren't overclocking there is little difference between the 10850k and 10900F. 10900K and KF are still at a premium, and you gain 100Mhz.

I made my choice. 10900F, power limit removed, runs all core 4.6Ghz (about 200W though, so exceptional cooling required) But on the desktop I see 5+Ghz regularly, so I call it good enough.