Architect pc: upgrade performance within 500$ build

Still1

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
This is my first build, so I am open to any advice.
The main use of this pc would cad, 3D modelling and some lifelike rendering.
What do you think of my choices?
Should I prefer a better CPU or GPU?
In your opinion, would fit better the conditions a Pentium g4560 (60€) with a better GPU
or a i5-7600 (240€) with a worse GPU?
And what GPU would you choose in each that case?
Would a 8 Gb ram be enough?

CPU: Intel Core i3-7100 3.9GHz Dual-Core Processor (€118.68 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€130.00)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€79.07 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Already purchased)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card (€159.73 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Corsair VS 350W ATX Power Supply (€35.00)
Case: Codegen SuperPower 6232-A1 (Already purchased)
Total: €522.48

Thank you in advance!!

Solution
Same reason as going for a board with a upgrade path, getting a better quality psu with more headroom for upgradeds later. Plus you must think about how clean the power is going to your system and peace of mind knowing your buget psu isnt going to take out your other components. Eveyones going to recommend a better psu your call, but i will say getting one that is semi modular will help with with cable management.

Yes, if you plan to oc in the future getting a z series board is not a bad idea. But, you only really have one option for a upgrade as in the i7 7700k thats 350 just for a cpu and you will need a aftermarket cooler. If you dont plan to spend that much in the future you will not benefit from the board. just my opinion

Have...

silverado_95

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
You only need a z series board if you have a unlocked cpu (k series).if you can get the i5 7500 with a motherboard that is the b250 chipset and the 1050ti. Should work well for your needs. Try to get a better psu around 450w to 550w corsair cx550m would be a good choice

Still1

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

So I should definitely change the cpu for a better one. All of you agree on this.
However, I don't understand why a PSU more powerful than my needs (450w vs 350w) would be a better choice.
And regarding the board, i was hoping that choosing a good one now, would save me to buy a new one in next upgrade. Is it reasonable?

silverado_95

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Same reason as going for a board with a upgrade path, getting a better quality psu with more headroom for upgradeds later. Plus you must think about how clean the power is going to your system and peace of mind knowing your buget psu isnt going to take out your other components. Eveyones going to recommend a better psu your call, but i will say getting one that is semi modular will help with with cable management.

Yes, if you plan to oc in the future getting a z series board is not a bad idea. But, you only really have one option for a upgrade as in the i7 7700k thats 350 just for a cpu and you will need a aftermarket cooler. If you dont plan to spend that much in the future you will not benefit from the board. just my opinion

Have you consider a AMD ryzen 5 1600, 6 cores and 12 threads with the ability to oc. They will be released in about 2 weeks and will be going for 220 usd. They are a new platform so they have had some problems. There big brother the ryzen 7 was just released a month ago, gaming performance is alittle behind intel. But, being a new platform theres alot of updates and tweeks that will be coming down to boost there performance. They do seem to be doing well in heavy workload situations. Just somthing to look into and consider.

Sorry alot of reading

Solution