[SOLVED] Architecture: How to send stream in stadium - point to point - LAN

Mar 2, 2020
Newby here,

I need to send delayed video from one end of an olympic indoor stadium to the other end
No Internet access - LAN only
I am looking for the best WAP/CPE solution
The distance is about 250 meters
the clients are browser on iPad

Camera -> MP4 encoder -> NUC (with web server) -> WAP?CPE ?

Question: Can I use a simple WAP/CPE with no router ? (I do not need access to internet, ipad will connect to my local network) something like https://mikrotik.com/product/lhg_2 ?

I need something portable and I am ok with directional antenna
I tried to search and found some very expensive solution - I am looking for a simple cheap one
Thank you

Chris

Solution
You can also look at ubiquiti products something like their nano station loco are very similar.

You have to be somewhat careful to use these for what they are designed. I do not know how you planned to get your ipads connected.

These type of devices generally need a direction antenna on both ends to go any distance. They are not really designed to talk to end user devices. The main problem is the the beam is fairly narrow and even if you ignore that the end device maybe able to hear the directional antenna but the signal the end device is transmitting can not get all the way back.

Most times you use a point to point connection and then a separate ap on the far end to talk to the user clients.
You can also look at ubiquiti products something like their nano station loco are very similar.

You have to be somewhat careful to use these for what they are designed. I do not know how you planned to get your ipads connected.

These type of devices generally need a direction antenna on both ends to go any distance. They are not really designed to talk to end user devices. The main problem is the the beam is fairly narrow and even if you ignore that the end device maybe able to hear the directional antenna but the signal the end device is transmitting can not get all the way back.

Most times you use a point to point connection and then a separate ap on the far end to talk to the user clients.

Solution