Archos Intros Platinum Tablet Line; Two Now, One in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
[citation][nom]jskilnyk[/nom]Why can't laptops/notebooks have 1080p screens when tablets can at that price point?[/citation]

I guess computer makers want tablets to be the next big thing. I've dissed tablets since they first came on the scene and now I'm starting to look at which one I wanna purchase. Screen and price being the main factor (best bang-for-buck). I've got an desktop to do all the "powerhouse" stuff I want. I don't want to be an traitor... but I think in the next couple of months I am.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jskilnyk[/nom]Why can't laptops/notebooks have 1080p screens when tablets can at that price point?[/citation]

i would love to see it improve but reason is twofold. first i agree with m32 harware makers want us to get used to tabelts, and google interveining and putting out the nexus 7, and amazon with the kindle fire really set a bar and forced lower prices. the second is it takes alot lower spec hardware to run android and arm than it is to run windows 8, a 4 core arm processor cost sless than an i7 mobile and we will accept 8 gig onboard for a tabelt but you can't even fit windows 7 or 8 on that drive, so hardware is actually legitimatly more expensive (though not a tthe listed price differences bu wee ht first point)

now look at the new chromebooks coming back and i expect laptop and ultrabook prices to be shrinking in cost soon

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]agnickolov[/nom]The 116 model sports a substantial downgrade on the screen resolution yet it costs more than the 97 model? Doesn't make sense to me...[/citation]
I was wondering the same thing.

tendoboy1984

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Holy crap those prices are amazing! I wonder how Archos compares to Samsung... Are Archos tablets reliable and have good build quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.