Archos Launches $250 Tablet with Full Google Play Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
archos has been going down hill lately, they tend to now charge the same or more than competing tablets that offer better specs.

the least they could have done was add bluetooth and a faster CPU (eg the tegra 3 or one of the modern snapdragon CPU's (which overclock really well)

The apq8060 can handle 2 1080p videos at the same time with smooth playback.

if they need to offset the cost then get rid of the rear facing camera, rear cameras on tablets suck and they are rarely used even on the higher end tablets.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]archos has been going down hill lately, they tend to now charge the same or more than competing tablets that offer better specs.the least they could have done was add bluetooth and a faster CPU (eg the tegra 3 or one of the modern snapdragon CPU's (which overclock really well)The apq8060 can handle 2 1080p videos at the same time with smooth playback.if they need to offset the cost then get rid of the rear facing camera, rear cameras on tablets suck and they are rarely used even on the higher end tablets.[/citation]

Why, exactly, would I give a crap about running two videos in 1080p at the same time? You're asking for premium features in a budget product.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
It is an A8 cpu instead of A9 quad core. "The device is slightly thicker than an iPad (11.4 versus 9.7 mm), but weighs less (620 versus 652 grams) than the Apple device." - Translated means less battery. It also will not be getting the latest updates compared to the Nexus7. Not a fit for me but I am sure it fits with 90% of tablet buyers. And the price seems not too bad.

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
[citation][nom]tntom[/nom]It is an A8 cpu instead of A9 quad core. "The device is slightly thicker than an iPad (11.4 versus 9.7 mm), but weighs less (620 versus 652 grams) than the Apple device." - Translated means less battery. It also will not be getting the latest updates compared to the Nexus7. Not a fit for me but I am sure it fits with 90% of tablet buyers. And the price seems not too bad.[/citation]

Or perhaps just no aluminium case, plastic is significantly lighter than metal, I had Archos MP4 704, and it hadn't any problem of too short battery, not Archos style. They had HDD weakness but now with flash it doesn't mean anything so...

And I'm surprised by the mess around this product as the G9 series from Archos is not so far from that model, and Archos is already well implanted in Asia thanks to that kind of tablet... So I would to understand how this product is really new from Archos.
Maybe people just forget that :
http://store.archos.com/android-tablets.html
since google launched its nexus 7, but I don't see really revolution into the Nexus... Just an upgrade from Archos current products.
Someone can explain to me where this Archos tablet is really improving from Archos mainstream store?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
lol, why are people complaining about resolution and the lack of a high end cpu? this is a budget 10 inch tablet with way more features than the price suggests. Id go and grab this one over the nexus 7 any day because it has an sd slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.