Archos Launches 9" Tablet with Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm from Argentina, and U$S is 80% of my monthly Salary! it's way too expensive

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
To big to fit in your pocket, so is really no more useful than any other mobile device IMO.

I but a Viliv S5 for true mobile use.

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Maybe, If the price was 400$, I would definitely buy it. Archos has a tendency to overprice their products, even though they are pretty awesome.

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
That was the euro pricing, there was an estimate somewhere that said this would hit the US for $500. Seeing as the tablet asus netbook is somewhere around $650 this isn't bad, but borderline considering the guts of the thing.

G

A mediaplayer? How long does the battery last?
$600 is as acceptable as when the battery would last 10+ hours.
if 10+ hours is crazy, then so is the price!
An EeePc 901 costs less than 300, and lasts 8 hours (+ has a keyboard,USB slots and a HD)

G

interesting but it should have ION chipset :(
Good battery and a SSD and i-m going to spend some money :)

graviongr

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
I barely use my Archos 605 Wifi enough. It's too large to carry around for general use. Although it does make travel much better with the ability to play movies.

I surf the net for a few minutes when, and forgive me for being crass here, taking a dump.

The GPS accessory got too many negative reviews so I haven't tried that... basically I use it in the car on long trips for music, or use it for movies when I ride the train.

Amtrak rides are about 6 hours to my brothers house, and they have electrical outlets so battery life is not really an issue on the train.

h0llow

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
no matter how cool this device looks, it's a tad too small for my liking. I remember having to redo windows on one of these for a buddy and it was a bit too stressful between the screen and how small the keyboards are on them. I rather sacrifice the size and get a netbook which I already have :)

industrial_zman

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]erikstarcher[/nom]Change it to ATSC tuners and I buy one. This would make a great carputer.[/citation]
If it is released in the USA it will be a ATSC tuners. DVBT (Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestrial) is a generic term for over the air broadcastings, DVBS is for satellite, and DVBC is for cable. ATSC is specific DVBT for certain countries.

Honestly, this device isn't off priced at all like most others are complaining about. I've been waiting for a jupiter class PDA for years, before the whole UPMC boom. But I was unwilling to spend $1000 or more for a low powered, large touchscreen device. Don't try to sell me on a convertible tablet pc either. If i want a keyboard, I'll hook one to a tablet. personally, I would love to see this in a 12" or 14" 16x9 with an LED backlit or OLED multitouch screen. also whoever's reading these forums, maybe SSD options as well as AMD Athlon Neo platform, Intel Atom or Via C7 with nVidia Ion platform.

my personal gripes is with archos. I owned a 5 series that bricked itself two months after the warranty expired. I was livid that they wanted as much to fix it as to buy the next series comparable version.

Jane/Tom's, why are you calling this a MID? it's a nettablet(netbook, nettop). A MID would be a device that would be lacking in BOTH hardware and software upgrades. the fact that this is based off of the FULL windows platform and surely it has at least a usb port for expansion. Do we know if this will have HDMI or mini HDMI out?

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Price is ok, but battery life is crucial! Also, heat is a factor. I'd hate to hold that thing if it gets hot after a few hours.

TH really should do a review on this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.