Archos to Reveal Smartwatch at Under $85

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
<b>In ADDITION to the smartwatches, the company also plans to introduce an Activity Tracker that monitors daily footsteps, calories burned, and automatically displays time when the device is synchronized with a smartphone.</b>

Um, I don't know, here's an idea...why not incorporate all that in the freakin Archos smartwatches?!!

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Smart watches were a terrible idea. They haven't take off. Horrible execution from Samsung to Archos. 2014 will be more of the same, they'll just make it even more tackier.

daekar

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
At last, somebody does a smart watch right. Not that I'm giving up my waterproof solar powered atomic clock-synched G-Shock, but this is progress. Still waiting for features that make it worth turning on the Bluetooth radio in my phone.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
Again, i stopped wearing watches when I start using smartphone... There is no way I will start wearing watch because of smartphone!!

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
I think the most important thing for a smartwatch is price and a black and white display just having it sync with the time accurately and have some helpful stuff and that is all. While I really don't see a nifty power wasting screen is all that useful neither would be a strong processor, rather a power efficient screen that looks good on black and white and a low price.

KPerry

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
The new SMART Q Z-WATCH ($150) rivals the Samsung Galaxy watch at half the price -- Tab l e t Sp r i nt -- is one of the first U.S. resellers and also adds in premium earphones and an extra watch band strap as part of an introductory promotion... worth reviewing all the features this innovative, new smart watch offers.

Jan 3, 2014
If Archos can do what it claims it will with this smartwatch, it could be a pretty big breakthrough. A watch with the functionality of the Pebble and compatibility with iOS and Android phones for only $83 would be a pretty sweet deal http://smartwatchforiphone.com/2014/01/01/archos-smartwatch-100/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS