Archos Turns Any HDTV into Android-Powered Smart TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]"It's powered by Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean" and provides full access to Google Play's library of apps, games, movies, music and all the security holes and mallware you'll need."[/citation]
No

wudien

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
ive used android for the past two years and have never had issues with "security holes" and/or "malware". i do see that the gs3 had some security holes but that is samsungs fault. also i dont know what mallware is.. like clothes? ;)

in short, i want this! (even though i just ordered an android on a stick)

G

i stopped caring about archos when they stopped making dvrs

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]you could already do that 6 months ago, with many $40 "android on a stick" devices.Whats so special by Archos, apart from higher price?[/citation]
read the article

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I think its pretty neat. Since my HDTV isnt one of the newer internet connected smart TVs, it would be a nice little addition. For those occasions where I mainly just surf the web on my main system, i could instead use this and save wear and tear on it and on my electric bill. I also like the way the game pad is set up and it could be fun for some things like NES/SNES emulation, and some of the interesting RPGs on android. Im interested, at any rate.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]I just said it to get a rise out of the Google fanboys.... always entertaining.[/citation]Oh. I just thought you were retarded.

RE the article, I can't imagine this being brilliant but it joins an ever-growing fray of Android-based TV solutions, and the more the merrier I say. Will be ordering my third Android TV set top box soon, they're very capable devices for the price. Terrible user experience unless you know what you're doing, though.

[citation][nom]CrArC[/nom]Oh. I just thought you were retarded.RE the article, I can't imagine this being brilliant but it joins an ever-growing fray of Android-based TV solutions, and the more the merrier I say. Will be ordering my third Android TV set top box soon, they're very capable devices for the price. Terrible user experience unless you know what you're doing, though.[/citation]
I use an Android-based "stick" for my foreign TV watching needs. It works remarkably well and the user experience is not that bad (even my brother's in-laws can use it, and they're in their 60s).
About otacon72: yes, your first impression was correct. He just confirmed it when he opened his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.