ARCTIC Accelero IV (280x) or ARCTIC Accelero III for Diamond Radeon 7970

Toshtheguy

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
Hello all,
I am looking for an aftermarket cooler for my Diamond Radeon 7970 Graphics Card. I ordered the Arctic Accelero IV (280x) for it because on Amazon it said it was compatible, however when I go to youtube to look up how to do it everyone seems to be getting the Accelero III for the 7970's. Should I send the 280x back?

Solution
The newer IV version is considerably improved over the III version I'm terms of installation. The IV model does away with the use of thermal tape to adhere to the PCB. It also does away with the individual memory heatspreaders. With the new clamping system, you can now remove the Accelero cooler and return to the stock cooler in case of an RMA or if you were looking to sell the card. Overall its just a lot easier to work with, and the installation is no longer permanent, like it was with the III version.
The newer IV version is considerably improved over the III version I'm terms of installation. The IV model does away with the use of thermal tape to adhere to the PCB. It also does away with the individual memory heatspreaders. With the new clamping system, you can now remove the Accelero cooler and return to the stock cooler in case of an RMA or if you were looking to sell the card. Overall its just a lot easier to work with, and the installation is no longer permanent, like it was with the III version.

Solution