News Arctic Announces Service Kit For Defective Liquid Freezer 2 AIOs

As I mentioned in the Discord: I've already requested mine, since it's one of the affected versions. Totally hassle free.

I guess I actually have to do the swap, but looks easy enough.

Regards.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
As I mentioned in the Discord: I've already requested mine, since it's one of the affected versions. Totally hassle free.

I guess I actually have to do the swap, but looks easy enough.

Regards.
I would like to hear about your experience :)

FYI: Gamers Nexus just covered this, including the replacement, liquid etc... Not saying that you would mess it up, but there are real PotatoHeads out there that would empty the liquid, and then replace it with the "top-up" bottle... We all know one of those people, typically called Brandon.

AgentBirdnest

Respectable
Jun 8, 2022
Looks like I dodged a bullet. I got mine in March, two months before they started selling the defective ones.
Props to Arctic for taking care of this the way an adult company should. :)

Good luck with the swap, Fran!

What is the procedure to establish if ones AIO is an affected version and without having to pull it off the MB? Many by now have not saved the box it came in for any possible references! For the future marketability and reputation of their product, ARTIC should consider to simply be offering a full replacement of a factory ‘recertified AIO’ unit upon proof of purchase and a credit card verification securing the customers return requirement! Then immediately shipping the replacement AIO within a guaranteed 3-day arrival date. It should not be assumed that all customers are qualified to handle such 'open heart surgery’ AIO service work locally or even expected to do so. Besides waiting a possible two weeks or more due to shipping constraints and taking ARTIC’s factory turn-around time in consideration will surely be unacceptable to many! Especially those that now WFH having to generate income with their PC!

Arctic has done way, really way better than bigger companies did (ASUS, Gigabyte, NZXT among others).
They offer to do the fix for you if you don't wana mess up with the task.
Also you don't get a new car, just because an air bag or a light bulb has an issue, they replace the problem and you keep the same car.

About your question you can see if your have the problem at the bottom of the page: https://www.arctic.de/en/lf-service-kit

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would like to hear about your experience :)

FYI: Gamers Nexus just covered this, including the replacement, liquid etc... Not saying that you would mess it up, but there are real PotatoHeads out there that would empty the liquid, and then replace it with the "top-up" bottle... We all know one of those people, typically called Brandon.

Brandon who? Care to be more specific?