Arctic Cooling Shows Off Fanless Media PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
They shouldn't even offer disk drives if the idea is silence. My old platter drives make more noise than the case fans when spinning up.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
This is the way to go! Just connect this and i can also do Netflix!! No wireless but with rear usb, i can suffice. But i do wonder at using win 7 32 as its OS... not a bad OS by any means but still. Well at least we will know the support will be there for sure. I wonder what player it will use, not a big fan of media player :( . +1 for the extra pic of the chicks at end of article, ;) way to go toms Thumbs Up!

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]4GB of RAM and only 32bit of Win7? Cmon, make it 64bit.[/citation]
I agree as well, but i think it would lead to more heat and in something that small (ps2 slimish by the looks) less heat always helps.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Also looking at pictures, (at actual product ;) , i see there is an antenna, does that mean there is built in wireless, just no included in specs?

G

Are the two girls included with the purchase? Instant customer right here

G

read the headline, arctic cooling, saw the pix, in sudden need of cooling too, shirtless pop into my mind, and everything went downhill from there....

therandomuser

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Well, as long as those HDDs are quiet enough (thinking it may be a Cav Green class), that would be a nice HTPC.

Arctic Cooling is really pushing the whole cool theme, even their models are sporting clothes to sport the blazing heat.

dgingeri

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Soul_keeper[/nom]The only thing that mattered in this article were the booth babes.[/citation]
The taller one is really, really cute, but the shorter one is even cuter. :) I'd love to meet them.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]Screw the hardware, I want that software (girl in the first pic) how much for her?[/citation]
No thanks. I would rather screw the girl.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Soul_keeper[/nom]The only thing that mattered in this article were the booth babes.[/citation]
Yep. The Arctic Cooling girls are giving the Samsung girls a run for the money.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"Prices start from $249"
eh?
On their website they list $308.79 (might be because I'm accessing the site from Europe) but the price is for a barebone system without HDD, RAM or OS (which is fine. Linux apparently makes for a great home theatre system)
The cheapest complete system is $585.15.

Wonder how hot it runs if the graphics card is decoding high-bitrate H.264 video while the CPU is doing other stuff.
Fanless design is nice, but I don't see what's wrong with adding a fan.
My core2duo HTPC has one fan but it's completely inaudible from more than 20cm away even while decoding H.264 and running a Minecraft server in the background.

The real noise problem for HTPCs are external hard drives. Best solution might be NAS.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don't think I could run a fanless system. Just install one low RPM 120mm fan. You won't even be able to hear it and it would keep the temperatures drastically lower.

G

why is it when ever i visit TomsHardware i ended up clicking this link......

Status
Not open for further replies.