Arctic Dips Into Liquid CPU Cooler Market With Two Liquid Freezers

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Can we please stop with the Asetek rebranding crap flooding the market!

This is basically a H105 radiator with the pump from the H100i GTX. The other is just a H80i GT.
There are no radiator improvements, no cold plate improvements and the only thing that separates this from other Asetek rebranded AIOs are the included fans. Only the fans!

Lutfij

Titan
There is just too many AIO's in the market for the good of the customer. Right about now it looks like you can get just about any AIO cooler and all you'll be paying for is the badge/brand as the internal constructions are identical.

Sad days for watercooling IMHO.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Can we please stop with the Asetek rebranding crap flooding the market!

No, because they patented the pump on block design, and will sue anyone that tries to make their own.

Pretty much this. You don't have a choice BECAUSE of Asetek, not the other way around. There are only a couple CLC's that don't fall into Asetek's patent. It's kind of nutty how many CLC's are aleady flooding the market all with the same basic design, but it is what it is. Most people go for the big guys who've been in the game the longest unless you can pull off an NZXT Kraken on your first try

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

I understand Asetek is sue happy which is why Swiftech couldn't sell their H220 in the US and why Coolermaster had to stop producing AIOs but this is ridiculous. Every company that makes case fans want in on the AIO game. Whose next to release a rebranded Asetek AIO? Cougar? Rosewill?

Status
Not open for further replies.