vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
hi, I have one question, because I have already Arctic esport 34 duo and r5 3600 but on load aida64 stress test temps goes 80C° everything on stock in bios b450 tomahawk max.... while gaming 68C° but with constantly pick of 75C°.....

question: does it will better to change to shadow rock 3 for better temps? or something else best for cooling r5 3600?

Solution
You're probably going to see the same temps after you migrate to the Be Quiet! cooler. What sort of ambient room air temps are you working with? In retrospect I think you're fine as is and leave it be. You can spend that money for a new cooler towards something else in your build or maybe save ti for a rainy day.

Lutfij

Titan
You're probably going to see the same temps after you migrate to the Be Quiet! cooler. What sort of ambient room air temps are you working with? In retrospect I think you're fine as is and leave it be. You can spend that money for a new cooler towards something else in your build or maybe save ti for a rainy day.

Solution

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
Yeah sorry I forget to tell my room temp, its around 30C°.... And also on warzone for example boost 4000mhz to 4050mhz max, on fortnite same but max 4075mhz, if I spend more money for better cooler what is a best choice to get max boost and cooler cpu?
because I see some videos when some people gets better temps with cm hyper evo 212 black rgb and that guy make special video and we do the same test he gets 10C° lower then me.... :/

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Won't make a difference. These cpus 'like to run up to 80C'. Your games just don't give it enough reason to do that - a stress test is just that, a stress test.
Your current situation is fine. You'd just be wasting money.

I see some videos when some people gets better temps with cm hyper evo 212 black rgb and that guy make special video and we do the same test he gets 10C° lower then me.... :/
There's many factors in play here... such a comparison is lacking credentials.

D

Deleted member 2720853

The reason why your third gen Ryzen is redlining on temps is mostly because it keeps boosting as long as it has the thermal headroom/power delivery to guarantee it.

Switching to a better cooler will not give you better temps, it'll give you a higher boost frequency.

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
The reason why your third gen Ryzen is redlining on temps is mostly because it keeps boosting as long as it has the thermal headroom/power delivery to guarantee it.

Switching to a better cooler will not give you better temps, it'll give you a higher boost frequency.
That's the point I asked, does I will get more boost if I buy better cooler and from other who have it I need some experience whit it ( like more fps, more stable fps etc..) in the end is it worth to spend more money for something like dark rock 4 pro....

sorry for my englesh 😁

Besides your room temp been 30°C, and the load temps that seems fine, not great but fine....

What brand and model of PC Case do you have?

How many fans do you have in that Case, and Where are they installed ?

What GPU (brand and model) do you have?

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
Besides your room temp been 30°C, and the load temps that seems fine, not great but fine....

What brand and model of PC Case do you have?

How many fans do you have in that Case, and Where are they installed ?

What GPU (brand and model) do you have?
Its some Sama case (pretty big case I will put tomorrow some pic) I have 3 fans two from top intake and one exost behind, and also Arctic 34 duo is set push pull and under cpu is gtx 1060 g1 gaming 6gb (and temps on her never goes over 57C°)....

vlatko_1

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2016
We're talking some 25-50mhz extra, and that's for multi thread performance only; single thread performance(4.2ghz) doesn't change.
Not everything you do depends on multi thread performance; it's partly why manual OC is so garbage on Ryzen 3000.
no no I don't like manual overclock amd cpu's, I only need best solution for cool the cpu to get best of it on stock xD

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014

mine went on 4.2 with stock cooler and on freezer 13 its still the same and i cant keep it cool under stress. You make it sound like it takes heat into consideration to boost/not boost. Well mine is stupid coz it goes and goes, can i somehow set its limit for temps??