Question Arctic f12 pwm cables

Corgoi

Great
Apr 12, 2019
Are the 5-slot cables on the arctic f12 pwm pst removable? E.g. can i use those cables on 5 case fans?

Oh ok. But would it be a good idea to use them as intake but connect some exhausts to the cables?

I wouldn't use more than three fans on any header. I don't think you can connect any other fans to the chain than the Arctic F12. I never bothered to try it at any rate.

I just use two fans for intake with no exhaust. It all depends on your case layout as to what design works best. In my case. Exhaust fans would be redundant.

I did use a 5-pack in another case. As both intake and exhaust.

I don't think you'd want multiple different fans on a single PWM signal (MB Header) anyways. As I recall. Only the first communicates with the motherboard. The others just get the same speed settings. In which case. Mixing fans could result in them working at different speeds. That's just my hypothesis.

They are good fans. If you want five fans. Just get the five pack. There's no need to mix and match. They are very quiet, offer solid airflow and get decent static pressure.

Reactions: Corgoi