Question Arctic Freezer II 280 Pump start intermittent

Apr 7, 2023
Hi, can anybody help.
I have a new system, Mobo Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus D4 with Arctic Freezer II 280
When I power on it it boot into BIOS as you would expect.
But it boots in 2 modes.
mode 1
The BIOS reports 24 - 26C for hours and the world is happy
mode 2
The BIOS CPU temp climb at a few degrees a second until I turn the power off before 80C

It seems randomly the Arcticv Freezer II pump is not starting as this is the only thing that could cause temps to rise a few degrees every second.
The coolers fans are running normally 1500 rpm.
I have even tried another Arctic Freezer II 240 and the same thing happens.

Anybody got any ideas ?.
Its connected to the AIO pump header, and set to PWM mode.
Is it the Power supply or maybe the mobo has a fault.

The fact that sometimes it stabilises at 25-26C for hours means the cooler is mounted correctly and doing its job.

Apr 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Hook up the AIO's connector to the CPU_FAN header and see if that changes your predicament. Also, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time.
Hi
its the latest BIOS for the Mobo.
I tried the CPU_FAN header, and a couple of the chassis headers as well, but the same result.
It either cools the cpu normally, or temps go mad because the cooler pump cant be running.
M

Apr 7, 2023
For the sake of relevance, please state the BIOS version. If you updated to the latest BIOS successfully, did you clear the CMOS after that?
Hi
Bios version 2305 the same thing happened with the previous bios as well 503.
There is no option in the bios to clear cmos memory but I have loaded the default values with the same result.

Lutfij

Titan
Disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain residual power from the platform and replace the battery after 30 minutes. This is how you clear the CMOS when you don't have a button on the back/rear IO panel.

Apr 7, 2023
I have this exact same issue on the same mobo and AIO. Im almost 100 percent sure it had something to do with the way the bios controls the pump because whenever I do ocing within the bios it sometimes happens. Also the trick mentioned above does work somewhat but the pump turned on for me after I got into windows so its definitely iffy at best.

I have this exact same issue on the same mobo and AIO. Im almost 100 percent sure it had something to do with the way the bios controls the pump because whenever I do ocing within the bios it sometimes happens. Also the trick mentioned above does work somewhat but the pump turned on for me after I got into windows so its definitely iffy at best.
BIOS doesn't control the pump on those coolers, Pump doesn't have ability to be controlled separately or provide RPM reading. it's made to run full speed all the time. There are 2 ways to connect pump, one is daisy chain with fans or to be connected separately to MB header, AIO_Pump or W_Pump which typically do not provide speed adjustments.
If daisy chained with fans all should be connected to CPU_FAN header set to PWM mode. Alternatively, pomp can be connected to any CHA_FAN header but it should be set for voltage speed adjustment and to full speed.