Question Arctic Freezer II 360mm low rpm rattle?

computerwonder

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2012
Noticed when the rpm is set between 800-1000rpm that I get like a vibration rattle noise. Been stopping the fans and checking the vrm fan, making sure that a wire isn’t vibrating on the back of the case however it’s non of them issues which makes me think it’s a trait of the pump? It’s not a constant rattle it’s more of an intermittent pulsing.

does anyone else’s do this as when setting it at a speed below 1000rpm. above 1100rpm there is no noise.

everything is hooked up right to the CPU header as is intended due to the configuration of the AIO

Multyspeed

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
I had a similar issue with Cooler master AIO a few years ago. The problem was, there was not enough coolant because of the leak I had. Very tiny leak from the cooling plate. When the pump was set to max RPM there was no issue, but when it was sitting at 50% give or take - rattling.
So check for leaks. And another reason - just the pump is gone bad.

Noticed when the rpm is set between 800-1000rpm that I get like a vibration rattle noise. Been stopping the fans and checking the vrm fan, making sure that a wire isn’t vibrating on the back of the case however it’s non of them issues which makes me think it’s a trait of the pump? It’s not a constant rattle it’s more of an intermittent pulsing.

does anyone else’s do this as when setting it at a speed below 1000rpm. above 1100rpm there is no noise.

everything is hooked up right to the CPU header as is intended due to the configuration of the AIO
Pump speed doesn't change in that model, it's always at max speed, only fan speed is adjustable.