[SOLVED] Arctic Freezer Xtreme Rev.2 compatibility con B450 mATX

Dec 3, 2019
I have decided on the configuration of my new PC. I have an Arctic Freezer Xtreme Rev.2 heatsink mounted on an AM3 + socket in an ATX mobo.
I wanted to transfer it to my eventual new mobo that will arrive B450 TUF. Are there problems of compatibility of the brackets? Anyone have any idea of possible interference with the GPU given the shorter distance between the socket and the PCIE?

Solution
Just a follow up if someone will have the same question I had. The Artic Freezer Xtreme does mount on the AM4 socket as it does use two clips to attach to the preinstalled brackets on the motherboard. As long as the brackets are installed the position of the holes on the mobo does not matter.
There is also space between the pcb of the GPU and the cooler, I might say enough space it is possible to mount a gpu with pcb cover.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Doesn't look like there was ever an AM4 bracket/version released of the cooler. You'd have to reach out to ARCTIC to confirm if there's a bracket available - as it stands, it's not compatible.

In terms of PCIe interference, I can't find any info - as nobody has stated they've mounted to AM4, as far as I can tell.

Dec 3, 2019
Just a follow up if someone will have the same question I had. The Artic Freezer Xtreme does mount on the AM4 socket as it does use two clips to attach to the preinstalled brackets on the motherboard. As long as the brackets are installed the position of the holes on the mobo does not matter.
There is also space between the pcb of the GPU and the cooler, I might say enough space it is possible to mount a gpu with pcb cover.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS