[SOLVED] Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm doesnt clear motherboard in the NZXT H710i ?

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
Hey guys, just had my first real disaster build tonight. I spent 5 hours only to realize that there was no way my cooler would be able to mount on the top. The fans would end up hitting the top of the motherboard before the bracket could even fully be set down. At first I mounted the radiator to the bracket the wrong way, but after fixing it ran into the aforementioned issue. Tried looking at multiple videos of the H710i top mount installation to make sure I had the bracket on the right way but they all failed to give any new information. Another confusing thing is that the H710i is listed as able to mount a 360mm AIO on the top but obviously once again could not. I shouldve taken pictures of how it wouldnt clear but was already so frustrated that I cleaned it up just accepting the fact that I’d most likely need to buy a new AIO. Any help would be appreciated, if needed I’ll go through resetting up the bracket and AIO to provide pictures maybe tomorrow or over the weekend. Thanks in advance.

Solution
do you think that another issue related to clearance couldve been that I used 6x32x5mm screws to hold the bracket in place? I’m thinking that since the screws weren’t long enough that it couldve not been holding the radiator up as snug as it could have been.
you should be able to see if the radiator was pulled up close to the mounting bracket.
you can even install the radiator before securing the mounting bracket to make sure it is fully attached:
11-146-328-11.jpg

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
i've seen these setup quite a few times with top mounted AIOs.

each time the radiator is placed on top of the mounting tray with it's fans attached underneath.
so the mounting tray would be between the fans & radiator.

how have you tried to set it up?
I believe I left the fans on the front and tried attaching the bracket straight on the back of the radiator, meaning the fans and radiator would be poking through the top on the inside of the case. Is there a way to do it that I’m missing? I never unscrewed the fans that were already on the radiator, figuring it was like that for a reason. Thank you so much for the fast reply, please let me know if the explanation did not make sense. I plan on taking a crack at it tomorrow so will be sure to get pictures this time.

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
as i stated,
the radiator would be on top of the mounting tray and the fans would be underneath it.
radiator and fans would be separated by the mounting tray.
Ahh ok! Sorry I thought you were saying that each time you saw AIOs installed like that, that those were the wrong way to do it. I’ll try it that way tomorrow! Thank you so much man! I’ll update this thread tomorrow if I stumble into any problems.

Vxrokk

Honorable
Oct 22, 2016
While I’m at work, to other people viewing, any other inputs would be greatly appreciated. I’m bound to run into more problems.
as i stated,
the radiator would be on top of the mounting tray and the fans would be underneath it.
radiator and fans would be separated by the mounting tray.
Another question I have is that since I didn’t unscrew the fans from the front, do you think that another issue related to clearance couldve been that I used 6x32x5mm screws to hold the bracket in place? I’m thinking that since the screws weren’t long enough that it couldve not been holding the radiator up as snug as it could have been. Thanks in advance.

do you think that another issue related to clearance couldve been that I used 6x32x5mm screws to hold the bracket in place? I’m thinking that since the screws weren’t long enough that it couldve not been holding the radiator up as snug as it could have been.
you should be able to see if the radiator was pulled up close to the mounting bracket.
you can even install the radiator before securing the mounting bracket to make sure it is fully attached:
11-146-328-11.jpg

Reactions: Vxrokk
Solution

TRENDING THREADS