Question Arctic Liquid Freezer II in Fractal Design Define C - will it fit?

Apr 14, 2023
Hi.

I am considering a purchase of the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 for cooling Ryzen 5800x3d. The only doubt I have is a dimentions of the cooler. It has to be mounted on the upper wall of my case (Fractal Design Define C) as my RX 6800 XT does not leave enough space to mount it on the front. According to the case manual I should fit 240mm AIO (taking into account low profile RAMs below 40 mm). BUT what does the 240mm really mean? Is that only some mounting standard considering screw holes? Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 has 277mm, not 240. Does case manufacturers take into account those additional milimeters? I just want to know if Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 fits in Fractal Design Define C...

Thanks in advance for your tips,
J

Lutfij

Titan
what does the 240mm really mean?
240mm is the effective surface area(when you look at the fascia) of the radiator. The overall length of the radiator might be more to accommodate the end tanks and barbs that hook up to the pump block. 2x120mm fans=240mm.

my RX 6800 XT does not leave enough space to mount it on the front.
Could you pass on a link to the GPU you're working with? As for the AIO not fitting in the case, you could try and install the AIO with the fans first and then angle the GPU into the slot...gently/carefully? I've had to deal with cases that had limited space in them to work with by installing components in a particular sequence.

Apr 14, 2023
The overall length of the radiator might be more
So any way to find out how much of that "more" can I fit?

Could you pass on a link to the GPU you're working with?
It's Powercolor RX 6800 XT Red Dragon. According to the case manual, it can fit 315mm GPU when using front case fans. My 6800 XT has 315mm. With 25mm front case fans there's like 2mm free space between GPU and a fan. I believe there are no 25mm AIOs (wider won't fit).