Arctic Silver cheap at ebay

clint

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Here's the Arctic Silver website response:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_fraud.htm

They don't look right to me, but I've sent an e-mail to Arctic Silver to see
if they're legit.

Clint

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4127327742&category=36834

"Clint" <noone@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> Here's the Arctic Silver website response:
> http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_fraud.htm
>
> They don't look right to me, but I've sent an e-mail to Arctic Silver to
see
> if they're legit.
>
> Clint

Cool...they ask to report frauds. Important for people not to get ripped
off. The syringe i have is totally different.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/as3.htm

Yeah...i have this.

clint

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Arctic Silver replied, and stated that the pictures indicate fraudulent
products or repackaged product with possible contamination issues. They
went on to recommend avoiding any thermal compound sold on an auction site,
and that the vast majority of the problems they encounter are from auction
sites.

> "Clint" <noone@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> > Here's the Arctic Silver website response:
> > http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_fraud.htm
> >
> > They don't look right to me, but I've sent an e-mail to Arctic Silver to
> see
> > if they're legit.
> >
> > Clint
> >

> Cool...they ask to report frauds. Important for people not to get ripped
> off. The syringe i have is totally different.
>
> http://www.arcticsilver.com/as3.htm
>
> Yeah...i have this.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

would be pretty BS to spend 2k on a system and be cheap on a 7$ legit
compound.

"Clint" said in news:bhSjc.280808$Pk3.50204@pd7tw1no:
> Arctic Silver replied, and stated that the pictures indicate
> fraudulent products or repackaged product with possible contamination
> issues. They went on to recommend avoiding any thermal compound sold
> on an auction site, and that the vast majority of the problems they
> encounter are from auction sites.

Could you send that reply to eBay to get them to knock off that auction?
Don't know about the .de branch of eBay but here in the USA they don't
want any fraud going on. I've reported the pirates that slice up a
volume license of Windows and sell it as the "Corporate" version. Did
the same when some idiots tried slicing up the 5-license version of
Quicken. Reporting the Artic Silver fraud or, at least, getting eBay to
investigate (and have the seller verify their product is legit) would
help other users not get burned by some clown sticking toothpaste in a
syringe.

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.

clint

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Well, I could. But when I asked Arctic Silver, I sent them a link to the
auction. If they don't get on eBay's case about it, I'm not going to worry
about it too much. I've got my little syringe here at home already... :)

Clint