Not open for further replies.
G

6.99 For a tube of Arctic Silver II!!
10.99 For a tube of Adhesive!!
Drop me a msg if you are interested!
Specialized Computers!
Allentown, PA

G

how many hsf's can you grease up with one of your tubes?

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers

G

I've had my Arctic Silver I for a long time and I haven't run out yet....

BUT,

STOP SPAMMING YOU FRIGGIN MORON (Specialized_PC)

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
The website says that you can grease up ~18 cpu slugs
with one 3g tube of Arctic Silver II

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!

G

With the amount I used I'd probably get about 4 out of it. Thank God all that extra goop on the bottom of my HS didn't short out the L bridges. Oh well live and learn...

I AM Canadian.

Dantin1

Distinguished
May 7, 2001
I believe that all Thermal Grease for electronic components are De-electric which means non conductive of electrical energy. So no worries there. Just sucks heat from those vital electronic components. ;-)

Dantin1

G

EERRR...WRONG

arctic silver, along with many other silver based greases and adheasives are, in fact, very conductive. you are thinking of normal silicon grease, which isn't

this space is for rent:

paypal $0.50 per week to me for it

Dantin1

Distinguished
May 7, 2001
Okay then so I can goto my local AUTO dealer and get some silcone sealent for my CPU and it should be fine then? Right? Thermal Grease is a Thermal Conductive only not electricity. That is just a scary thought. Why in the world would you want to put a electric conductive grease on the most important piece of hardware other than the MoBo.?

Dantin1

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Artic silver is made non conductive through a chemical reaction or something-read about it at their website. For that matter JB weld is also supposed to me non-conductive.

Video killed my Radio Card!

G

I think that it is because a silver based grease has superior heat transfer. So yeah, you gotta be careful, but you get far more bang for your buck.

This parachute is guaranteed for the life of the user...

punisher

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
hhmm... sorry for not responding to you guys... i have to buy arctic silver in cases of 200. and currenty i do not have any here.. all i have is about 5 tubes that i use on the machines i build.. so if you all want to chip in and buy a case.... email me
sales@specialized-pc.com

and visit my website
www.specialized-pc.com

and no.. arctic silver isn't going to fry your chip out.. you have to use a razor and keep the silver stuff right on the chip.. and you don't want it on the bridges.. because thats just not good.. its a hard job to do.. and i've sliced my fingers a lot with the razors.. but i ran 1.4ghz at 118F for 24 hours while running 3DMark.. and i use Thermaltake's volcano 2.. which isn't even supposed to support 1.4ghz.. but the arctic silver does its job good.
you can custom configure any of those machines on my site.. and more are to come..

Stephen K.
Specialized Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.