[SOLVED] Arctic vs corsair

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
I have a arctic 34 esports duo with the fans that come installed on which I think is the arctic bionix p120. I also have 2 corsair rgb fans and rgb hub. Are the corsair fans better that the arctic ones.

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Which Corsair fans exactly? For mounting on coolers and radiators you want high static pressure fans. However chances are you won’t notice any difference in cooling performance.
i already have 6 as mounting ones but i want to use my other 2 on my air cooler but only if the temps stay the same or better

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
600 should be the minimum rpm, not the max, for those fans.
Either way, you're looking to sacrifice some cooling performance with making that swap.
Yes maximum would be 1500rpm whereas bionix p120 is 2100rpm. Would it be worth doing swapping them. My cpu is ryzen 5 2600x idles at 38 degrees

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Idle don't matter; it's the load thermals that do.

I already said twice that the swap wouldn't be worth it.
3rd: you're looking to sacrifice cooling performance for aesthetics.

Also, thermals alone aren't enough with Ryzen 3000. These cpus share similarities with Nvidia's gpus; the better their cooling, the higher their boost frequencies - to an extent.

Reactions: RodroX

Omar nagdee

Prominent
Mar 10, 2019
Idle don't matter; it's the load thermals that do.

I already said twice that the swap wouldn't be worth it.
3rd: you're looking to sacrifice cooling performance for aesthetics.

Also, thermals alone aren't enough with Ryzen 3000. These cpus share similarities with Nvidia's gpus; the better their cooling, the higher their boost frequencies - to an extent.
Ok thanks

There's 2 versions of the LL120: the 'normal' and a 2200rpm one.
If you've got the 2200rpm model, then the swap should be fine. If not, I'd suggest leaving it alone.

Thats really odd two fans of the same size and series have such drastic spec differences. I would almost want to contact corsair and ask them.

That said while corsair fans are typically very quiet im not a fan of their proprietary nature or their iCue software which is nothing but programming garbage. It's grossly inefficient and gas contributed to a number of crashes for people.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Thats really odd two fans of the same size and series have such drastic spec differences. I would almost want to contact corsair and ask them.

That said while corsair fans are typically very quiet im not a fan of their proprietary nature or their iCue software which is nothing but programming garbage. It's grossly inefficient and gas contributed to a number of crashes for people.
Well, the part numbers are there in the links. When I checked newegg and even Corsair's site, it's the same deal; 2 different part numbers and specs.

I'm not a fan of that garbage software either; the less I have to install, the better. That's why I bought a Fractal Design Celsius to go with the Kraken G12 kit; it doesn't force me to use any software.
I don't have as sophisticated control over the pump and fans - it just has Auto and PWM mode - but it runs just fine even with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalgriffin