News Arctic's New 420mm Liquid Cooler Will Tame Even The Hottest Intel CPUs

jpe1701

Honorable
I have the 360mm version. It is just awesome. This should really be a really potent cooler. The pressure optimized fans that Arctic designed for their newer coolers actually compare with much higher priced alternatives.

everettfsargent

Honorable
Oct 13, 2017
Last edited:

D1v1n3D

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
This will fit a Phantec P500a perfectly for my 5950x build oh yeaaaah Intel suck a what lol. Though a 280 or a 360 is more than enough to cool an AMD CPU I just want my system ice cold like a freezer puns intended. ;)

D

Deleted member 2783327

It would be nice to see some test results, compared to other coolers of the same size, and other 280mm and 360mm coolers.

I must admit, I am still unsure of how to compare specs of these AIO coolers.

I have a Corsair H115i 280x27mm radiator. On it I've added 2x140mm Noctua iPPC fans @ 2000rpm.
These fans are 182.5m2h, or 107cfm @ 4.18 mmH20

The Arctic cooler has 3 x 140mm fans @ 72.8 cfm, 2.4 mmH2O.

So is this cooler a better performing cooler than the H115i? My fans are often spinning over 1700rpm when gaming and video encoding, and I also have 10 case fans to move air. The intake is the same as the exhaust (it was built to be that way), in a Thermlatake W100 case (I've also tried both negative and positive airflow, but the results are very similar).

Do you add the cfm together to get 214cfm @ 4.18mmH2O since there are two fans pushing air for the H115i, and 218.4cfm for the Arctic? Does the lower static pressure of the Arctic (around 55% of the H115i ), mean lower performance?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So is this cooler a better performing cooler than the H115i?
We really need to see reviews to confirm this, and if so, by how much.
The mechanical weaknesses of hybrid coolers:
A)Pump speed. It pales to custom liquid pumps.
Plus, a larger radiator needs a stronger pump. If nothing is done about that, well... I really can't expect such a large model to best a 280mm - marginally better, perhaps.

B)Size of the copper fins on the opposite side of the cold plate. Bigger is better.

Do you add the cfm together to get 214cfm @ 4.18mmH2O since there are two fans pushing air for the H115i, and 218.4cfm for the Arctic?
I don't believe it works that way, unfortunately, I'm not the person who can answer this for you.
Though the specs you see only apply at 100%. Manufacturers don't post fan curves, so no one could tell you how a particular fan behaves below that; the curves aren't linear.

Does the lower static pressure of the Arctic (around 55% of the H115i ), mean lower performance?
Yes, when faced with 'obstacles'. The more there are, and the greater the intensity, the more air pressure is lost.
-the radiator itself
-the panel the fans are against, whether solid or open mesh
-dust filters
-psu shrouds
-HDD cages
-cable clutter(if present)
-fan grilles