Arctic's New Freezer 33 CO Is A Semi Passive Cooler With A Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
The last time Arctic's website actually functioned correctly, the Warranty page clearly stated that Arctic products only have a 6-year warranty if purchased through Arctic direct, Arctic webshop, or via the official Arctic Amazon or eBay stores. If purchased elsewhere, such as Newegg, Arctic products typically have only a 1- or 2-year warranty.

It's a real shame Arctic's website is so incredibly bad when it comes to the Warranty page. The Click here for ARCTIC Products Limited Warranty Period at https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/warranty/ doesn't work any longer. The page itself used to explain all of this in detail. And the other link, Learn more about ARCTIC Warranty Policies and Procedure, takes you to Arctic's Switzerland main page.

It's just shady...

alextheblue

Distinguished

Yeah I'll likely be sticking with Noctua for high-end air cooling for the foreseeable future. CM and Arctic make decent entry/mid level coolers though.

Fiqar_

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
"The company claims that the layout of the aluminum fins creates micro vortices that boost airflow and create better circulation around the heatpipes."

Is this just a claim or does it hold true to their word? Last time i checked, aluminum wasn't the way to go with such hardware but what do i know, eh?

tunaphish6

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015

Copper has always been the go-to material for cooling--at one point, entire heatsinks were made out of it. However, because it's heavy, expensive, and prone to corroding, manufacturers usually supplement it with tin(?), nickel or aluminum, which conversely, aren't as effective, but are cheaper and more durable.

Not all airflow is the same--it's possible their fins are designed to condition air to flow more effective across the fins, but it's always a matter of whether that constitutes a possible price premium. After all, there's a reason why 90% of heatsinks use the same, basic tried-and-true design, and more times than not, if you want better performance, you simply got a bigger heatsink,

andreas73

Prominent
May 12, 2017
I buy a Freezer 33 on April and it comes with a fan pwm failure. I wrote an email to the Arctic support and the reply me within 24 hours. They ask me to send a copy of the invoice and send me a new fan immediately. I think that for a $ 35.00 cooler is an optimal support.

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I only buy MX4 from Arctic now. I had a cooler of theirs and the fan was broken, exact opposite of Andreas73's experience.. they responded to my first email then when I provided my receipt they never replied again. I do think there's no replacement currently for MX4, it performs as good or better than anything else that's not electrically conductive, doesn't dry up and need reapplying for 8+ years and comes in 20G tubes (65G if you go for MX2).. but won't be buying another one of their heatsinks again.

They're a German company and likely put Germans and Europeans first. I'm in the US. I figured that's why they didn't want to send me my fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS