Question Arctis 1 Wireless - Crackling sounds & randomly disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2022
I have asked a few places, and I haven't been able to get a good fix. I thank you in advance if you're able to help.

After the initial setup, I used the headset for a few minutes before it would start disconnecting and reconnecting, along with these horrible crackling sounds that would appear with each connect. I'm using the USB-C to USB-A adapter, as my pc does not a USB-C port.

I have the Steelseries Engine app and I think changing the dynamic compression slider had started the problem, but I've turned it off and it's still having these problems. The connection is literally half a metre away from my PC, I've tried all the USB ports, and even on my iPad Pro.

On my iPad Pro, with a USB-C connection it seems to work, but on PC these problems return. I've added a few videos with the link to demonstrate with and without music playing.

View: https://imgur.com/a/tyPCl0P
-
A few clips of the problem.

I've also tested this on my Chromebook both with and without the adapter, and it works fine. I don't want to refund due to this, as it seems to be an issue with maybe drivers or software, and I've ordered a replacement adapter just in case.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your motherboard, please check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing. If you're on Windows 10, what OS version(not edition) are you working with? Have you tried reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Jan 4, 2022
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 9100 @ 3.60GHz 44 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Corsair Vengeance RGB running at 3200Mhz I believe?
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H310-PLUS R2.0 (LGA1151) 24 °C
Graphics
BenQ GW2270 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (Gigabyte) 32 °C
Storage
238GB 256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (Unknown (SSD))
931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA )

I've just run Speccy as I'm unsure of the specific technical details, as this is a pre-built gaming PC (sorry xD).
I am on PRIME H310-PLUS R2.0, BIOS Ver. 1401 for my motherboard, just copy and pasted it straight from there.

My Window OS version / build is: 2004 and 19041.1415

Status
Not open for further replies.