Status
Not open for further replies.

urbina.christian123

Commendable
Dec 5, 2017
Arcrtis 3 didn't come with registration code and this headset no longer is supported on SteelSerie's Engine for their gear. I setup the headset with the twoplug-ins in the back and it seemed low, so I changed to one plug-in the front and it still seemed low. I then changed it back to two plug-in and put it in the front and it still is low. I even enabled loudness equalization and it still is low. Is this headset just low or is my pc lowering a setting?

urbina.christian123

Commendable
Dec 5, 2017
That headset does not need anything special to drive it, did you check volume on the headset? Windows volume, in game volume or whatever program you are using? I'm putting my money on the headset volume knob being turned down.
I have tried basically everything. I tried using SteelSeries’ Engine but it doesn’t identify my gear so I use Realtek which identifies it as a speaker. My pc does say I am using 4 ports including the subwoofer port to use my headset. Not sure if that could be a problem

May 16, 2020
Just got this headset, it isn't the loudest on many apps from my experience(tested on android and PC). Might be because a lot of sound is bleeding out of it due to it not having much "sound containment" in lack of better words, meaning people around you can hear what you listen to - hence it may sound lower due to less confined noise. I guess.

If this isn't your problem and the volume is excessively low on all fronts, then I dunno what to tell you, maybe a faulty pair?

May 16, 2020
By the way, if you're using a cable with a single jack, then get an audio splitter*.

First plug the headset into the audio splitter, then proceed to plug in the mic cable(pink) into the PC, choose 'mic' when realtek audio manager asks which device you just plugged in.

Afterwards plug in the headphone cable(green) and choose 'headphones' when realtek audio manager asks again.

This might work the other way around too but this is how it worked for me.
(Plugging in both at the same time led to my system not recognizing the mic as a seperate device)

*has to be 1 female to 2 male audio splitter.(any kind of this sort will do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS