Question Are 2x CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 and ASUS B550M Plus Wi-Fi compatible?

Feb 26, 2023
Hello,
I bought two of the CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 kit, (2x16 kit x2 = 64 GiB)
My motherboard is ASUS B550M-Plus Wi-Fi and my processor is Ryzen 5 5600X.

Will I have incompatibility with my new RAMs? A few sites say there will be no compatibility issues, but Corsair's site shows X570 for AMD.

In this way, etc. If there is, please let me know.

First of all, this is not how you buy memory. Memory should ALWAYS be purchased in kits that contain the full amount of memory you wish to run. Buying multiple kits, even if they are the same model, is asking for trouble.

Please read BOTH the section titled "Mixed memory (Or the odd man out)" at the following link in section II.

And this post, which further addresses the issues of using multiple memory kits. This should give you a better understanding of why you don't want to buy two separate sticks, but instead buy ONE kit that comes with MATCHED sticks in the same kit.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/amd-ram-compatibility.3210050/#post-19785792

As to the memory being "compatible", it also depends highly on what CPU model is in use. AMD Ryzen platforms have wildly different memory support even on the same board depending on the CPU model so knowing that would be a requirement to even make a guess. Right up front I'll tell you that you should not be extremely hopeful about any Corsair Vengeance memory kit working well with any of the Ryzen platforms, especially if it is 3xxx series or older. Even on the 5xxx series like your 5600x it might be hit or miss.

I would highly recommend sticking to something more broadly compatible like the G.Skill Ripjaws series because even when the QVL says a given Vengeance kit is compatible a lot of users STILL have problems with them. For this kit, neither the Corsair memory finder NOR the motherboard QVL show the CMW32GX4M2D3600C18 memory kit being compatible with your B550M-Plus WiFi.

Reactions: QUINRY