[SOLVED] Are 30 series still hard to get?

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
I havent kept up with pc parts in over a year and am just wondering are 3070 3080's etc. still impossible to get? I know I could google it but i'd rather hear first hand. cheers

Solution
wondering are 3070 3080's etc. still impossible to get?
not quite impossible but you have to be lucky in most cases.
took me ~10 months to finally land a good one.

the Newegg Shuffle works but more and more people are signing up every day so the odds of "winning" go down all the time.
i first got a RX 6700 XT through them but it was just a placeholder until i could finally get a higher end RTX 30.

you can try signing up for EVGA's queue system but i've got 3 cards i applied for at the beginning of the year and still haven't heard back from them regarding either.
wondering are 3070 3080's etc. still impossible to get?
not quite impossible but you have to be lucky in most cases.
took me ~10 months to finally land a good one.

the Newegg Shuffle works but more and more people are signing up every day so the odds of "winning" go down all the time.
i first got a RX 6700 XT through them but it was just a placeholder until i could finally get a higher end RTX 30.

you can try signing up for EVGA's queue system but i've got 3 cards i applied for at the beginning of the year and still haven't heard back from them regarding either.

Solution
I havent kept up with pc parts in over a year and am just wondering are 3070 3080's etc. still impossible to get? I know I could google it but i'd rather hear first hand. cheers

No, 3070 and 3080 are easy to get. I checked amazon and newegg this morning...That is if I don't mind paying $1800+ for most of the better ones. But availability is there Market is softening....for now.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Probably the best way to get a GPU is to follow the twitters, youtube, discord and other watchers that are listing when and where retail stores will have them. Lots of people successfully getting them at BestBuy for example.

I waited about 9 months on the newegg shuffle, got a 3080Ti, which is more than I wanted to pay, but I haven't bought a GPU in 5 years, so I figure I can deal with it if I consider it as two high end GPUs for the next 5 years. And given that the retail price of cards is likely to keep going up for the foreseeable future, I felt it was an okay investment.

Grayy_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2015
Are companies such as best buy and lets say amazon upping the prices also? or mainly just scalpers doing that?

Also, what is the best GPU to get right now for between 750-1000 euro.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The retail prices are going up, but not the fault of the retailers. New SKUs are coming with higher prices.

The really high prices are from the limited quantity of retail priced GPUs immediately being bought by bots. So any platform that supports independent sales has the inflated prices when they relist what they've bought for a profit. (Or direct sales from AMD and Nvidia to scalpers)