Are 7 PM Nights going away?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.troll (More info?)

My Local SprintPCS stores no longer have a two foot by three foot sign
in the window saying "Nights now start at 7PM", with the "7" being a 2
foot high font.

I thought this was a successful promotion for Sprint, and it looks like
its going away. Currently the website says .."Service plan customizable
upgrades and stated prices are subject to change if not selected by
7/3/04" Now I know that has been extended 4 or 5 times, but we have
seen many Price increases slid in already this year.

+ $100 gets 1800 minutes now, not 2000
+ $100 no longer gets Free Vision
+ 2 year contract on shared minutes no longer gets free PCS to PCS.
+ Referral of friends, etc. for $20 credit now limited to 1 per month

So maybe anybody who wants 7 PM nights would be well served to get now
while the getting is good?

Eric

rmarkoff@yahoo.com (Røbert M) wrote:
<<I thought this was a successful promotion for Sprint, and it looks
like its going away. Currently the website says .."Service plan
customizable upgrades and stated prices are subject to change if not
selected by 7/3/04" Now I know that has been extended 4 or 5 times, but
we have seen many Price increases slid in already this year. >>

I don't think that 7pm nights are going away... especially with
competitor AT&T Wireless now pushing their 7pm night plans. I think
Sprint is just so hellbent on promoting those Fair and Flexible plans,
even going so far as to reserve promoting Free and Clear plans as
"Business" plans (according to O/Siris), that many other spotlight
promos are taking a backseat.

But I do agree that the best way to secure 7pm nights would be to add it
to your plan so in case it does get discontinued, you are guarenteed to
have it for the duration of your contract (and longer, if you keep the
same plan).

Eric

Eric <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote:
> rmarkoff@yahoo.com (R?bert?M) wrote:
> <<I thought this was a successful promotion for Sprint, and it looks
> like its going away. Currently the website says .."Service plan
> customizable upgrades and stated prices are subject to change if not
> selected by 7/3/04" Now I know that has been extended 4 or 5 times, but
> we have seen many Price increases slid in already this year. >>
>
> I don't think that 7pm nights are going away... especially with
> competitor AT&T Wireless now pushing their 7pm night plans.

And Cingular, promoting "7 for $7".

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.troll (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-C64BE6.07291620052004@news2.west.earthlink.net>,
rmarkoff@yahoo.com says...

> So maybe anybody who wants 7 PM nights would be well served to get now
> while the getting is good?

No, I don't *think* it's going away. It's being offered as one of
two options to be added for free to corporate-sponsored (I.e. company
paid) subscriptions that renew for 2 years.

Obviously, though, that's speculation. I simply think the store is
moving on to the next campaign.

--
RØß
O/Siris

"Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
[...]

Well, F & C Nationwide plans are offered on the consumer page. It's the next
link below the F & F link. Next, the 7:00PM N & W start time is offered in
the plan options, still at a $5/mo. option with a 2 yr commitment.

Bob