Question Are all my components compatible?

May 21, 2020
Hi there,

I just purchased the GIGABYTE A320M-S2H Mobo and the RYZEN 3600.

On the Motherboard box it says "Ryzen 3000 desktop ready!" (assuming I know 100% what it means i purchased the RYZEN 3600 CPU.)

I also have a GTX 1050ti Aero 4gb at the moment. (Planning on getting a potential RTX Card in the future. Not sure with my Motherboard if I can. )

RAM is Corsair Vengance 16gb DDR4 3200 Mhz.

Am I all set or have I made a grave mistake.

Thanks guys!

Lewis

Last edited:

Vyrvelata

Upstanding
May 19, 2020
Usually A320M-S2H supports 2xxx Ryzen CPU....
But if the bios is updated it supports 3xxx as well... since on your box it's written Ryzen 3000 ready it means... the bios is updated to support them...
All your parts are compatible and you should be fine...
You can Install RTX Card as well, when you buy it... no problems with that either.

Reactions: barton4
May 21, 2020
Honestly, when I first bought the Mobo I was so worried I messed up with the CPU. It seems I got away with that one. I shouldn't expect a performance hit due to my mobo right?

Thanks for the help!

Vyrvelata

Upstanding
May 19, 2020
Honestly, when I first bought the Mobo I was so worried I messed up with the CPU. It seems I got away with that one. I shouldn't expect a performance hit due to my mobo right?

Thanks for the help!
Nope.... if you keep it simple no problems there..
Usually more expensive board main goal is Overclocking, styling, more ports, more slots, better components (longer life), a lot of flashy stuff (gold plated AudioJack, RGB Lights ..etc..).
If you keep it simple.... like CPU, GPU, HDD and maybe M.2 ( i don't know what speed will get thou)..or SSD...
All is good...
Example for really bad cheap boards and problems with them...
Usually cheap boards have let's say 4 Sata ports, like yours (for connecting HDD-SSD-s).
I've seen H81 latest bios Intell board, with 1 SSD and 2 HDD (1 DVD burner)... conected..
Win 10 on the SSD, once the OS is started and you try just to open... both HDD.. system hangs, if its only one HDD connected at a time, no problem.
You wont be CPU limited of any sort, just be careful, when you start using all sata and usb ports...it might start's behaving weird.. but it might not.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS