Are all my parts compatible? And is there anything I need to know before buying these parts?

MushSweg

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
Hello there!

I am trying to upgrade my computer, and I need to upgrade a few things.

What I am suppose to buy:

AMD Ryzen 1700X
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming
ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming, Socket-AM4
Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler
Kingston ValueRam DDR4 2133MHz 16GB

Are all these parts compatible with eachother?
And if so, is there anything I need to know before buying these parts?

Solution
It will fit the AM4 socket. You just need the AM4 mounting kit. The mounting kit is free for existing owners, I am not sure if you are buying a new one.

You can go with the Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4. It is about the same price and is designed specifically for the AM4 socket.

You need to get faster RAM. Ryzen scales very well with faster RAM unlike Intel. I would look for RAM with speeds of 3200mhz. You will see a significant performance boost

As for the cooling, I agree with what was said, if you want a liquid cooler, I would go with a 240mm or higher if your case supports it. If not, then you will be fine with an air cooler. Ryzen hits a wall at 4.1ghz regardless of your cooling, you will get pretty close to that on a cheaper air cooler.

MushSweg

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

Ok, do you have any examples on what cooler might be better?

I you want an air cooler, Noctua makes the best air coolers available. Noctua is the "lexus" of air coolers. The Noctua NH-D9L is a nice choice.

If you want liquid cooling I like the Corsiar H100i and the NZXT Kraken x62.

But honestly, if you are on a budget, I would go with the 1700. The 1700 comes with a wraith spire cooler and it is a very good stock cooler. The 1700 is clocked a little lower, but it is unlocked and on the stock cooler you should be able to get 3.8ghz and maybe more. I would use the money saved and put it towards a better monitor or games.

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017

That isn't entirely true about Noctua anymore. In fact, most of their high end coolers are very overpriced now. For example the Scythe Fuma when tightened correctly, out performs every other HSF and a lot of AIOs for a price of ~$50.

MushSweg

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

The Noctua NH-D9L dosen't use the same socket as the Ryzen 1700X, do you know if there is any other choices that fits my Ryzen?

MushSweg

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

Is the Noctua NH-L9x65 a good fan? And would it be good for my setup?

It will fit the AM4 socket. You just need the AM4 mounting kit. The mounting kit is free for existing owners, I am not sure if you are buying a new one.

You can go with the Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4. It is about the same price and is designed specifically for the AM4 socket.

Solution

I would not use this cooler for your system. It is a low profile cooler designed for small form factor PC for users that want their system very quite. You will get much better performance by taking a step up.

MushSweg

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

OK! Thank you very much!