Are all USB ports on Gigabyte P965 DS3 (V1.3) USB 2.0?

chuandim

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
I got Gigabyte P965 DS3 (V1.3) from Newegg. From the specification of that website, it seems that all the usb ports on the board (rear and onboard) should be USB 2.0. But during system checking (just after power on the computer), i could see the system shows 2 USB 2.0 and 4 USB 1.1 ports. What is the problem here? Looking forward the answer and thank you!!

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
How does the system show 1.1????

I have the DS3 and AFAIK, if you have WinXP or WinVista, all the ports are 2.0. 1.1's haven't been used as the standard in a long, long time.

zuber5

Distinguished
May 31, 2007
I have exactly the same problem with this motherboard - half USB and half USB2 (as reported by everest) - confirmed as some ports report 'this device can run faster' with USB HDD. Very odd.

Some foxconn cases with the front usb ports force USB 1.1 specs (or so it seems), also check your bios - you want to set em for "HiSpeed" not "FullSpeed" depending on your bios etc - you can set em in the bios, and also check that your devices are usb2, and speaking of which, i had a caddy that worked with USB2 until it burnt out and showed up as USB1.1 and finally stoped working - oddly enough.