Question Are Asrock AM4 Motherboards still getting agesa updates?

Jun 4, 2023
Hey all, asked this on reddit but i just wondering if there is still love for am4 motherboards.

I have an Asrock B450M Pro4 -F running bios version 7.40, I have had some weird issues pop up after updating to this bios version ( boot failure, pc in sleep but power still on, ssds disappearing. etc)

I was hoping that after 8 months there may be a beta bios with the Agesa 1.2.0.8 which may hopefully resolve a few bugs.
Is there a timeframe to expect a new bios update for this motherboard as I have seen a few other boards get beta bios updates?

For example, this motherboard (B450M-HDV R4.0) got a massive bios version jump from 7.4 to 10.01
Any news would be great thanks!

Motherboard: Asrock B450m Pro4 -F
CPU: Ryzen 3700x
Ram:
2x Crucial ballistix 3000mhz 8gb BL8G30C15U4W.M8FE1
1x Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1
1x Kingston 8GB DDR4-2133 UDIMM 9905678-023.A00G
All running at 2666Mhz

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS once you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version? As for the BIOS version being more up to date when compared to the other boards, you need to factor in that not all boards will be treated the same. You're also using mismatched rams - that's the root cause of your instability if that's the weird issues you're talking about.

In fact you should stick to the 2x8GB Crucial kit listed above and run them at DDR4-2933 or DDR4-3200MHz(with laxed timings for the latter).

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Jun 4, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS once you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version? As for the BIOS version being more up to date when compared to the other boards, you need to factor in that not all boards will be treated the same. You're also using mismatched rams - that's the root cause of your instability if that's the weird issues you're talking about.

In fact you should stick to the 2x8GB Crucial kit listed above and run them at DDR4-2933 or DDR4-3200MHz(with laxed timings for the latter).

Thanks for the welcome!

I did make sure to clear the CMOS after and I even tried a reflash.

I do agree that the ram may be the problem but I'm not sure why it would be, before I got the 2 ballistix I ran the Kingston and crucial module at 2666mhz then I got those 2 extra modules it's been stable in windows since I added the sticks.
Then these problems only started after the update to p7.40, before on bios version p2.8 it was stable with this setup

All timings are set to auto and the voltage is 1.25

I'll give it a go with just the 2 ballistix modules to see if the issues are still present then report back.

Jun 4, 2023
Thanks for the welcome!

I did make sure to clear the CMOS after and I even tried a reflash.

I do agree that the ram may be the problem but I'm not sure why it would be, before I got the 2 ballistix I ran the Kingston and crucial module at 2666mhz then I got those 2 extra modules it's been stable in windows since I added the sticks.
Then these problems only started after the update to p7.40, before on bios version p2.8 it was stable with this setup

All timings are set to auto and the voltage is 1.25

I'll give it a go with just the 2 ballistix modules to see if the issues are still present then report back.
Update looks like it is caused by the last ram stick the Kingston module

I removed all but the ballistix and the pc posted perfectly with no issue, sleep mode works and it even ran the xmp profile

I then added the crucial 2400mhz module and same deal pc posted and went to sleep at 2666mz

I then added the Kingston module and at first it was fine same post as before except for there being a longer post time
It did also power itself off once but hasn't done it again yet