[SOLVED] Are B450 Motherboards compatible with GSkill 3200GHz CL14 memory?

AyameOP

Reputable
Oct 3, 2019
Hello,

I'm planning on bulding a PC with Ryzen 5 3600, and I've read that in order to get the best out of it I should be using either 3200MHz CL14 or 3600MHz CL16 memory (I'm going for 3200 because it's a bit cheaper and easier to find).

The thing is, I was looking to get an MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, but when looking at the memory I found out that the GSkill 3200GHz CL14 isn't on the QVL list.

So my question is: can I use those sticks on that motherboard, or should I be getting an X470 board instead?

While we're at it, I've been doing some research about what are the differences between X470 and B450, but I haven't found really any specific information, so that's another doubt I have.

Any kind of feedback is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Solution
The purpose of QVL is to list the modules which are guaranteed to work by the manufacturer. The only benefit of that, by my opinion could be the warranty either of the RAM or motherboard.

Anyway, it should work with no problems, since it's theoretically impossible to test every stick available on the market.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

vule.pcgeek

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
The purpose of QVL is to list the modules which are guaranteed to work by the manufacturer. The only benefit of that, by my opinion could be the warranty either of the RAM or motherboard.

Anyway, it should work with no problems, since it's theoretically impossible to test every stick available on the market.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Solution

TRENDING THREADS