[SOLVED] Are computer cables able to withstand high temperatures?

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
Easy question - are computer cables (i.e. PSU/CPU heat sink fan/normal case fan/case header cables) able to withstand high temperatures? It can be tricky to route cables perfectly so they don't rub against the CPU heat sync or get close to the GPU heat sync. Are they designed to withstand high temperatures completely negating the risk of being close to or contacting a CPU or GPU heat sync? What kinda temps can they handle? Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Easy question - are computer cables (i.e. PSU/CPU heat sink fan/normal case fan/case header cables) able to withstand high temperatures? It can be tricky to route cables perfectly so they don't rub against the CPU heat sync or get close to the GPU heat sync. Are they designed to withstand high temperatures completely negating the risk of being close to or contacting a CPU or GPU heat sync? What kinda temps can they handle? Thanks!
Yes, at least the temps any PC part can generate. If any part gets hot enough to melt insulation, you'll have much bigger problem than wires !!It's another story if wire gets too hot because of over-current or a short, than it might melt but again you probably have bigger problem.
Still, avoid sharp...
Yes, at least the temps any PC part can generate. If any part gets hot enough to melt insulation, you'll have much bigger problem than wires !!It's another story if wire gets too hot because of over-current or a short, than it might melt but again you probably have bigger problem.
Still, avoid sharp edges as constant vibrations although small may wear out and cut to to wire possibly causing a short after some time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS