[SOLVED] Are Corsair AXi PSU cables compatible with the standard AX models?

CxRizzle

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
I have a Corsair AX860 Platinum PSU. I wanted to buy a custom sleeved 24 pin PSU cable from TitanRig but when I went to choose my PSU model, AX is not an option, but AXi Type 3 & Type 4 are. Would the AXi cables be compatible with my PSU? Or am I just out of luck due to my model?

Solution
Excuse my ignorance but I'm not entirely sure how to read the graph in regards to answering my question. AX and AXi are completely separate from one another on there.

The chart says that the AX Platinum (yours) uses Type 3/Type 4 EXCEPT FOR the 24-pin.

The 24-pin is the same as the Seasonic 24-pin, so if buying that separate is an option, then do that.
Looks like the cables are all the same, except for the 24 pin ATX cable, which is a Type 4 on the AX but is a Type 3 on ALL of the AXi models EXCEPT for the AXi 1600w.

I would recommend that if you are going to buy custom sleeved cabled, you get them from Mainframe customs, who will make you anything you want, for anything you want, in any way you want, if you are willing to pay for them.

Excuse my ignorance but I'm not entirely sure how to read the graph in regards to answering my question. AX and AXi are completely separate from one another on there.

The chart says that the AX Platinum (yours) uses Type 3/Type 4 EXCEPT FOR the 24-pin.

The 24-pin is the same as the Seasonic 24-pin, so if buying that separate is an option, then do that.

Solution