[SOLVED] Are cpu i7 4770 and asus H81M-K motherboard compatible with this GPUs?

Oct 27, 2020
Hi, I have an i7 4770 with a motherboard Asus H81M-K, 16 GB ram and 500 gb hdd.
I'd like to buy a GPU and wanted to know if the GTX 1650 super or the RTX 2060 are compatible. I'd like to use the GPU for programming and maybe next year upgrade the CPU, that's why I'm considering the 2060.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Solution
I'd like to buy a GPU and wanted to know if the GTX 1650 super or the RTX 2060 are compatible. I'd like to use the GPU for programming and maybe next year upgrade the CPU, that's why I'm considering the 2060.

Either choice is perfectly fine if you are plannning to to start programming.

At the beginning on this path you will spend a lot of time learing the basics, and it will be quite a while before
you get things like shaders, road to first pixel on screen is fairly long, but very rewarding when you get there.

A good start, if you intend go down this path is get Visual Studio 2019...

Yes, even a RTX 3090 any model would fit into it.

Oct 27, 2020
I see, but how will performance be affected?
Would it work fine for programming using the cuda cores? I know for games there would be a bottleneck, but I have no idea if for programming it would be the same.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021

Either choice is perfectly fine if you are plannning to to start programming.

At the beginning on this path you will spend a lot of time learing the basics, and it will be quite a while before
you get things like shaders, road to first pixel on screen is fairly long, but very rewarding when you get there.

A good start, if you intend go down this path is get Visual Studio 2019

community edition has all the tools needed, it's free and supports just about any reasonably relevant language
there is. Intellisense should be brisk with that CPU unless you go full retard and load up too many libraries at the same time.

Your next step should be start of with some of the high level libraries that do overwhelm you with too much low level stuff
right off the bat. SFML or SDL2 . Working with these will teach you the fundamentals you need to get off the ground.
Both of these libraries have bindings with all most commonly used languages.

While there are IDE's that claim not requiring any programming, there are limits to what you achieve, So it pays off to build the fundamentals first.
Next on your list should be deciding what language to learn first. The starting point should be C++, C# or Python.
Python is the large the most humanly readable language of the lot, so it's very easy to pickup by absolute beginners.
C++ has fair bit learining curve to it , it's much less abstract, but learing it will give a skill for a lifetime. With C# being a bastard child somewhere in between.

Lastly pick a good project oriented book that breaks up topics into blocks with practical mini programs that will reward you with functioning code expamples
that you actually can see on the screen working, rather than 300 pages of dry theory like C++ bible kind of book ( which by the way is great book, just not good to start with)

to illustrate, here are few example of such

https://www.amazon.com/SFML-Development-Example-Raimondas-Pupius/dp/1785287346

anyways, good luck and keep us posted on your programming journey XD

Solution