are crt pc monitors bad for health?

valleron2010

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
i have a sony trinitron crt that i want to use because my led lcd is damaged.so the x-ray or radiation is harmfull or not?i know that for 30 yeras people used them ...

Solution
Hello,

Trinitron cathodic displays were the best back then (the norm for high-class TVs and monitors until the brink of 21st century, when they drastically lowered the quality), I still have an old IBM monitor and I must say it still gives the best image quality (colour reproduction, response time, contrast, etc). They have the aforementioned disadvantages and even a few more (lower resolutions, much higher power consumption, heavy and bulky), but for a limited period of time you have nothing to worry.

One thing though: try to use at least an 75 Hz refresh rate (for a 19", 1280x1024x85Hz).
Since it produces a much higher radiation than LCDs in the long time it is harmful, but we are talking about using it 6+hours a day for 10+ years, very likely you'll replace it within a year so no worries there.

The only immediate effect is that it might fatigue your eyes way faster since you're used to a LCD.

Cristi72

Admirable
Hello,

Trinitron cathodic displays were the best back then (the norm for high-class TVs and monitors until the brink of 21st century, when they drastically lowered the quality), I still have an old IBM monitor and I must say it still gives the best image quality (colour reproduction, response time, contrast, etc). They have the aforementioned disadvantages and even a few more (lower resolutions, much higher power consumption, heavy and bulky), but for a limited period of time you have nothing to worry.

One thing though: try to use at least an 75 Hz refresh rate (for a 19", 1280x1024x85Hz).

Solution