TheWolfRj

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hello,
I have heard a lot of things about both, and I am about to get some money soon, and I would like to know if I can actually trust them.
it would be a custom build on Ibuypower.com
So are they just as good as people say, or just as bad?
I just wanna know before I spend 2000+ on them.

maxgamer875

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Yes, but unless you want a Water Cooled System and all the Eye candy in the case. you can just as easy build one better fro about the same price

1 yes they are reliable.
2 no its no JUST as easy but its not hard either
to build your own pc.
3 they are only about 200$ more than it would
cost to build it yourself!!!

so do yourself a favor and dont spend the extrea money on them build the computer yourself and ill even help u along and tell ya what you should get
(note: get all parts from newegg exept 4 the processor get the 1 i reccomend from microcenter)

cooler master haf x case 200$
asrock z68 extreme3 mobo 122$
intel i5 2550k cpu 200$
cooler master hyper plus cpu cooler 30$
amd radeon hd 7970 graphics card 550$
g.skill ripjaws x series 8gb ram 47$
western digital caviar black 1.5tb hhd 170$
corsair professional series ax650w psu 150$
lg black 12x bd-rom 60$

i configured the computers on cyber and ibuy and wrote the prices down here

total build it yourself price 1529$
total ibuypower price 1712$
total cyberpower price 1743$

TheWolfRj

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I just wanna say, I don't wanna build my own at the moment.
I want to just buy a pc, but have it customized.
I love how ibuypower is set up, but I just wanna know if they are reliable XD

richboyliang

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I looked up their pricing both online and in magazine ads for i7 gaming computers around the $700-1200 range and have to say they are quite about equivalent or slightly lower than prices of the components themselves. Like an i7-2600K with an AMD 6000 graphics card and all the fancy liquid cooling and lighting for $1k. It has all the stuff a regular computer would cost plus the fancy stuff that it adds on at no charge.

I went and customized a beastly computer like I described, with AMD radeon hd 6850 and the fancy stuff, for $900: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DXWDP

No way you're getting anything that good in stores or large manufacturers. As for trustworthiness, I don't know, but they can't just outright scam you.

TheWolfRj

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Yeah Lol
I am getting a 7970, so it will be beastly.
^^
So I guess when i get the money I will buy from them.
Unless of course I find a better option or it turns out they really are a scam XD

o_tipper_x

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
I just got my computer from Ibuypower.com I didn't go over the top on anything and i'm really happy with what I got. And I got it in about a week! No charge for shipping for me.

Case: Azza Solaris Gaming Case - Black
Case Lighting: None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction: None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion: None
Processor: AMD FX-8150 CPU (8x 3.60GHz/8MB L2 Cache)
Processor Cooling: Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade
Memory: 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB - Single Card
Motherboard: [SLI] Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 -- AMD 990FX w/ 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16
Motherboard USB / SATA Interface: Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface
Power Supply: 750 Watt - Thermaltake TR2 TRX-750M - Free Upgrade to 850 Watt W0319RU ($20 Savings)
Primary Hard Drive: 80 GB Intel 320 SSD - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Dual 1TB Drives (2TB Capacity) - RAID 0 High Performance
Optical Drive: 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
2nd Optical Drive: None
Flash Media Reader / Writer: 12-In-1 External USB Flash Media Card Reader/Writer
Meter Display: NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display
USB Expansion: None
Sound Card: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit
Monitor: None
Video Camera: None
Case Engraving Service: None
Warranty: Standard Warranty Service - Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support
Rush Service: Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days

Total spent $1450

and how is all that liquid cooling helping with a non-OCed CPU?

TheWolfRj

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

So everything works fine right? Nothing was unplugged or broken?

o_tipper_x

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
@anti I am new to pc gaming. I have already posted a couple of questions on over clocking. Prior to doing that I'm going to grab a couple of high airflow fans to keep the case cool. Then after that and more reading and tuts I will over clock it. (just nervous about messing something up or over heating it)also that was only like a $25 upgrade to liquid cooling.

@wolf, yes the only thing that has given me any problems is 1 led light built into the case fan. (i want to cut them out anyway, always blinding me) Like i said no problems, shipped quickly and I have a warranty. That is one of the main reasons I did it on there. I don't get a warranty if I mess something up on my own. They mess it up and they replace it.

smit33

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I'm actually just updating the drivers on the pc i just bought from iBuyPower. So far everything has gone good, everything shipped well, nothing was damaged and everything seems solid in the case. I've had my computer two days and i've used both tech support and customer service already and both are very good. There was a mix up with their system when processing my order and they didn't send my mouse, called them up and and it will be here in 3 days. They worked hard to fix my issue. As for tech support, my monitor was showing no signal whatsoever and they were able to tell me what was wrong and how to fix it.

Based off my experience so far, they have done everything they can to keep my happy.

Hope this helps.

smit33

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

It's not really their shipping times, it's mostly the entire process. From the time I ordered to the time it got to a friend's house in Michigan it was about 2 and a half weeks. The actually shipping was 2 and a half days from Cali to Michigan, it's the processing of your order and the gathering of parts that take awhile and once it's been built they put it through quality control and a general inspection. It was probly the longest 2 and a half weeks of my life lol

richboyliang

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

My desktop is 2600K with intel hd and it's beastly. Don't say anything otherwise about it. If you aren't happy with a 6850, which can run 1080p at 60 fps.....and this is 2600K we're looking at! not 3960X! if you have an i5 then don't go complaining that your single gtx 580 isn't good enough, that good kind of gpu deserves at least an extreme cpu to go with it!

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I've had a Cyberpower for a couple years now. When I got it, it was on sale at Newegg. I had been planning on putting together my own, but at the sale price buying the same components and doing it myself would have cost more.

Whenever Haswell comes out I'll replace this computer. And I'll check for a sale first.

Kent1992

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012

NO WAY dude, stay far away from both! the are the same company...a very bad company! :non:
They offer you cheap computers, but with that price, the computers come riddled with problems! I bought a Gamer Pc from IBUYPOWER dec 7th 2011 (paid 1947.-) and had many problems with my PC,
And believe me ...I am NOT the only one who got screwed over by IBUYPOWER! this company is very shady about their warranty policy, you cannot trust them they never fixed my PC I lost alot of money, I am still so pissed off!

If you don’t believe me, thats ok with me but …

But please Check them out on C/Net reviews, Epinions.com, TrustLink.org, YouTube and BBB.