Question Are dead pixels REALLY fixable?

Jan 29, 2019
a dead pixel appeared in the central to northwest part of my screen. its a black spot. are there really any ways to fix it ? if i bring it to a computer technician, will him be able to fix the problem or it will require changing the display ? i tried using the pixel healer program for one hour, , heat using a glass of hot water and pressing the screen but the spot did not change. it also appears to be un-movable. is it worth to change the display or its better financially to buy a new screen?

Last edited:

Remeca

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
Dead pixels no, there's no bringing them back, but stuck pixels can sometimes be unstuck. If it's black, it's dead, if it's red green or blue, then it's stuck.

Jan 29, 2019
is it worth to change the display or its better financially to buy a new monitor ? lcd is very irritating because of low durability. the screen only had 7 years.

Remeca

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
is it worth to change the display or its better financially to buy a new monitor ? lcd is very irritating because of low durability. the screen only had 7 years.
7 years is a good long time to be using the same display. Not worth fixing, if they could even find the necessary parts. Get a new one, or a used one, they're much cheaper than they were 7 years ago.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS