[SOLVED] Are FPS Drops in Game Normal and Unavoidable?

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I Play A lot of games from simple games Like Dead Cells, Factorio, Stardew Valley To Heavy Games Like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Destiny 2, Sea of Thieves. in all of these games I get frame drops. Whether I Play with Vsync on it goes From 60-59-58-56 and like that every couple of "Tens" of seconds. Sometimes if something is loading it can drop to 50-45 and then back to 60, if I'm close to an island in sea of thieves my frame rate drops from 100-70-80 and then goes back up. but usually, these "spikes" happen uncontrollably from 60-57 or from 100-80-95. so my question is, is this Normal and Unavoidable?
EDIT: Specs: RTX 2060, i7 10700k, 32 gb ram, 1080p.

Solution
its normal since when ur aproaching a more dense or detailed area it causes bigger load on a system,but it all stabilises when it loads.That happens in all games and almost on every pc,unless you gotta top of the line pc that u dont even fell the drop.Again,its normal
its normal since when ur aproaching a more dense or detailed area it causes bigger load on a system,but it all stabilises when it loads.That happens in all games and almost on every pc,unless you gotta top of the line pc that u dont even fell the drop.Again,its normal

Solution

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes it could be that I'm just walking in-game or shooting and it drops a bit. maybe there is something loading in the background. but either way, I'm glad to hear that it's normal.

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
i would say so,yeah.Maybe the problem are the programs in the background if u have any of them running.
I'm guessing that it's normal too. I saw another similar post on this forum and someone answered that no matter what system you have you will experience Fps Drops in Pretty much all of the games. he said that it's because of the fact that your hardware has a lot to process and he also mentioned that if you lower your settings the drops will become rarer since there is less pressure on the system.

I'm guessing that it's normal too. I saw another similar post on this forum and someone answered that no matter what system you have you will experience Fps Drops in Pretty much all of the games. he said that it's because of the fact that your hardware has a lot to process and he also mentioned that if you lower your settings the drops will become rarer since there is less pressure on the system.
Lowering settings is always the first thing u do,and in most cases the most effective.One thing u can check is if ur gpu drivers and windows are up to date.Also what mobo do you have?
If u have Z490 motherboard u can overclock ur cpu which will cause it to run faster and better,but first u need to have a good cpu cooler.There are bunch of guides on how to overclock 10700k.

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Lowering settings is always the first thing u do,and in most cases the most effective.One thing u can check is if ur gpu drivers and windows are up to date.Also what mobo do you have?
If u have Z490 motherboard u can overclock ur cpu which will cause it to run faster and better,but first u need to have a good cpu cooler.There are bunch of guides on how to overclock 10700k.
I do in fact have a Z490 Msi A Pro Motherboard. I have a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Cooler. I don't know about the need to overclock my Cpu but ill keep this in mind. thanks a bunch for reassuring me that it's normal!