Question Are gaming glasses a gimmick or actually helpful?

This is probably a weird question but I have something called cluster headaches I also have severe migraines sometimes and was wondering if gaming glasses will help with my eye strain and frequent headaches (because I know blue light is a major cause of headaches) sorry if this is the wrong section I wasn't sure where to put this because it's a weird question.
(If you need certain details I'll answer to the best of my ability)

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
short answer no, long answer, not really, i believe that if you have a bad monitor then you will have issues and no "gaming glasses" can save you from but if you get a decent monitor from a reputable brand "acer, alien ware, iilayama, dell, asus etc" then it will be very easy on your eyes. and on top of that, most of them have the option to remove blue light int he settings "this will turn the screen a pale yellow tint." in the end. i guess some people may suffer differently, but if you get a decent screen then you wont be needing no "gaming glasses"

short answer no, long answer, not really, i believe that if you have a bad monitor then you will have issues and no "gaming glasses" can save you from but if you get a decent monitor from a reputable brand "acer, alien ware, iilayama, dell, asus etc" then it will be very easy on your eyes. and on top of that, most of them have the option to remove blue light int he settings "this will turn the screen a pale yellow tint." in the end. i guess some people may suffer differently, but if you get a decent screen then you wont be needing no "gaming glasses"
I am getting a monitor anort suggested https://www.microcenter.com/product...qhd-144hz-dp-hdmi-freesync-gaming-led-monitor
(It's $299 but $400-500 on amazon)

you could try f.lux instead, and flicker free monitor could probably help but idk (DC backlight not PWM (if u got pwm 100 brightness removes flicker))
Yeah, I looked into that may try it to see if it helps.

Maybe if you're sensitive to blue light then getting some blue light filtering glasses could help.
Well, I often get headaches after long gaming sessions as I am a heavy gamer but not sure if that means I am sensitive to blue light.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Well, I often get headaches after long gaming sessions as I am a heavy gamer but not sure if that means I am sensitive to blue light.
Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time isn't really great for you in general. Make sure your chair/desk/monitor has good ergonomics, you have good posture, good lighting, and that you take regular breaks to let your relax (blink, focus on a distant object, etc) and to walk around and stretch. Same advice they give to people who work office jobs at a desk all day.

Sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time isn't really great for you in general. Make sure your chair/desk/monitor has good ergonomics, you have good posture, good lighting, and that you take regular breaks to let your relax (blink, focus on a distant object, etc) and to walk around and stretch.
Ah yes I often get up stretch and I do blink even when gaming I can't exactly have good posture due to an existing condition I have (it's a genetically given condition) also what's good ergonomics? and before you ask if I am addicted I can say with certainty I am not addicted this is due to me able to go weeks without gaming I'll just watch anime or youtube bc I don't wanna play games that day I am a heavy gamer but not to THAT extent don't worry friend I take care of myself.

Do you need to wear actual glasses?
When was your last eye exam?
To my knowledge, I can see fine I just get frequent headaches due to having cluster headaches and was wondering if they would help with that and as for eye exam it's been a while but I think I only have minor bad eyesight I can't see small letters far away but not to the point I need glasses like my vision isn't blurry and I can see far distances just not text.

USAFRet

Titan
To my knowledge, I can see fine I just get frequent headaches due to having cluster headaches and was wondering if they would help with that and as for eye exam it's been a while but I think I only have minor bad eyesight I can't see small letters far away but not to the point I need glasses like my vision isn't blurry and I can see far distances just not text.
To me, that says you need a new eye exam and probably glasses/contacts.

Seriously.