Question Are laptops meant to be able to use both headphones and a mic at the same time?

Jun 6, 2022
As the title said, I haven't been able to use my headset and mic the same time (Mic shows up but no sound). My laptop's an AN515-56 (The issue is the same as my previous laptop), and the audio jack has the headset icon. I think I read somewhere that some laptops can't do this but I might be mistaken. My headset (Old Siberia 100) is a single jack, and my laptop has a single jack.
The weird thing is, there used to be a weird method which I used to make them work on my old laptop, which is completely uninstalling the Realtek driver (Don't remember if it ends up reinstalling it again) but I remember it worked until I had to reinstall my Windows.

For the record, I did check on Realtek Audio Manager that my headset is set up as a headset, and if I set it up as a mic, the mic would work (but obviously the headphones wouldn't). I have also checked the device is enabled, not muted, and have tried reinstalling Realtek drivers.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you check to see if your Acer laptop is pending any BIOS updates? As for your laptop, what OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, mention the version(not edition) of the OS. Manually reinstall the latest drivers sourced from your laptop's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jun 6, 2022
Hello, I'm on Windows 10 (Build 19043), there is no pending BIOS updates, and I have reinstalled the drivers from Acer with admin rights. Unfortunately this issue still persists.

So I take it I should've been able to use both at the same time?