Question Are my components good and are they compatible?

Aug 30, 2020
Corsair CC-9011117-WW Carbide Series SPEC-04 Tempered Glass Mid

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC Motherboard

Corsair iCUE H100i PRO XT RGB Liquid CPU Cooler

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz

Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz Octa Core LGA1151 CPU

MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING X Graphics Card

Did you buy any of these components yet? And what is this for, gaming? If so, what is the resolution and refresh rate of your monitor?

For gaming, I would shift a good chunk of the budget away from the CPU and expensive AIO cooler, and spend it on better graphics hardware instead, as that's bound to make significantly more of a difference to performance in most games.

Aug 30, 2020
Did you buy any of these components yet? And what is this for, gaming? If so, what is the resolution and refresh rate of your monitor?

For gaming, I would shift a good chunk of the budget away from the CPU and expensive AIO cooler, and spend it on better graphics hardware instead, as that's bound to make significantly more of a difference to performance in most games.
I haven’t bought them yet , also I haven’t bought the monitor yet , are these compatible though

Your parts are compatible and good.
My thoughts:

A balanced gamer will budget about 2x the cost of the processor for the graphics card.
You are about 1:1

I would consider a $180 i5-10400 @180 and a $ RTX2070 super class card.
You would not need liquid cooling, the included cooler is sufficient, and a $75 lga1200 motherboard will suffice.

A balanced gamer will budget about 2x the cost of the processor for the graphics card.

No offense intended, Sir, but...

I don't place much stock in these vague CPU to GPU cost ratio 'generalizations'...; IMO, they are about as useful as today's desire/need to fix 'high CPU usage' issues with 4t and 6t Intel CPUs. (Although certainly it is harder to go wrong with spending MORE or adequately on the GPU; if that is the goal, great.)

There are many good GPUs for $250-$300, and, as many good CPUs cost about as much. I'd never advise choosing a $120 CPU just because one happened to choose a $250 GPU, and, there is nothing wrong with having a bit more CPU than needed in gaming... (if anything, it allows one to upgrade the GPU in 2 years time and then not be wishing one had gotten a better CPU a couple years earlier) Conversely, if I'd chose a $300-$350 CPU, I'd never say that means one should now should spend $600-$700 on a GPU, as not everyone plays above 1080P and/or 'must have' 144 Hz refresh or above...
(Certainly, I suspect not every 9900K/10900K owner owns a 2080 Super or above)

Last edited:
Reactions: CorpRebel
Your parts are compatible and good.
My thoughts:

I would consider a $180 i5-10400 @180 and a $ RTX2070 super class card.
You would not need liquid cooling, the included cooler is sufficient, and a $75 lga1200 motherboard will suffice.

I would second that.
The CPU doesnt matter much when you have a mid range GPU, only at 2080 levels you start to gain more performance with a better CPU.
If you get a non K CPU, the H470 M Pro4 has BFB tech that actually boosts your CPU clock even with out the K CPUs.