Are my components hackintoshable?

Tweetme0d

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
Hello! I am currently choosing components for my first pc build and I was wondering if the components I chose would let me run osx mavericks. Any suggestions, changes, or advice would be greatly appricated! So I started with my price range ( I wanted to keep it under $1500 if I could) and I decided I wanted to run both windows and osx. Here is a list of my components, please let me know if my build will be hackintosh able. I haven't yet pulled the trigger on buying it because I was not sure if I could make it a hackintosh, so here it is, I have:
An Intel Core i7 4790k 4.0GHz processor
An ASUS Z97 Pro WiFi Motherboard
A Crucial MX100 512 GB internal SSD ( I was going to partition to boot both osx and windows)
A Samsung optical drive ( for installing my copy of windows 8 and play any games)
A Thermaltake SMART Series 750 Watt power supply
And 2 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 Ram cards (16GB total)
I have not yet picked out a graphics card because my motherboard is supposed to support up to 4k resolution but please give me your input on graphics cards to run osx.
Any feed back would help! Thanks!

Solution
Yes, your parts are compatible. For a list of compatible hardware, check this site Tonymacx86 is great for compatibility reference and they also have great forums. Regarding graphics cards, the Nvidia GTX 760 or the 770 are fully compatible with osx and are your best bet. I have a 760 and it was very easy to set up w/ osx. Most of the lower tier GTX cards work fine. The 780 and higher cards require a bit of tweaking. AMD cards might work but the current Nvidia cards work better. Happy Hackintoshing! :D Believe me, its not easy, but worth it!

DerpyHackintosh

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Yes, your parts are compatible. For a list of compatible hardware, check this site Tonymacx86 is great for compatibility reference and they also have great forums. Regarding graphics cards, the Nvidia GTX 760 or the 770 are fully compatible with osx and are your best bet. I have a 760 and it was very easy to set up w/ osx. Most of the lower tier GTX cards work fine. The 780 and higher cards require a bit of tweaking. AMD cards might work but the current Nvidia cards work better. Happy Hackintoshing! :D Believe me, its not easy, but worth it!

Solution